FSX Steam Edtion - Controls for Comanche 250

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
prflyer
Airman

FSX Steam Edtion - Controls for Comanche 250

Post by prflyer »

I finally got FSX Steam and bought the Comanche 250! Seems to be working fine -- and the Comanche looks great -- but I have some newbie questions about the controls as I have never used FSX before and the keyboard shortcuts for the Comanche do not seem to be the same. To the extent it might impact the answers, my computer was built last year and includes: Core i7, 16 gigs of ram, Nvidea 1070 graphics card, 27 inch monitor, and a VERY OLD CH flight sim yoke with the power, throttle, and mixture control knobs on the top. I do not have rudder pedals -- yet.

First, is the cockpit view. Try as I might, I only seem to get one small quadrant of the cockpit at a time. In the videos I have seen online you can see more of the cockpit panel in order to access the instrument, radios, and controls, without the need to switch screen views. I found the use of the letter "A" on the keyboard to swtich through the different views -- and also using the numeric keyboard on the right to slowl pan the camera view -- but what I would like is to be able to pull back on the camera to see more of the panel to be able to control more actions with the mouse. Is this possible?

Second, whenever I start the program the airplane is already on the runway. How do I start at the parking spot so that I can conduct the visual inspection walkaround and inspection of the airplane? I can then taxi myself to the runway.

Third, what settings should I be using in FSX to get the most out of the Comanche program? I have looked through youtube and found a video from Brian Jordan and set up the graphics and other settings as suggested there - -I also followed the suggestions on the Comanche manual. Even if I don't currently have rudder pedals, should I leave the auto-rudder OFF as indicated in the manual?

Fourth, is there a way to run the trim from the keyboard? Because of the view issue identified in one, it is very time consuming and distracting to move the camera angle up to activate the trim lever.

Fifth, is there an intro guide somewhere as to how to use the program and/or keyboard shortcuts? Like I said, I do have and have read the Comanche 250 manual.

These are a lot of questions, so I will stop. Thanks.

Regards,

Fernando

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: FSX Steam Edtion - Controls for Comanche 250

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Fernando,

the controls you list are mostly the default functions of the similar. It would be best to run through the FSX tutorials to get use to the platform basics before going much further. For example the views and how to pan around the cockpit, or use the space bar anf mouse etc etc to move around the virtual cockpit. - and + for zooming also.

For the flight with the engine starting, that depends on how you start the sim. If you load a flight with the default C172 at the airfield and choice of parking etc that you want from the menu then you can shut down and save that as the default flight.

For the Accu-sim GA fleet you can alternatively open your shift + 3 panel and select auto C&D for your Comanche simulation to start cold and dark.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”