Edit the amount of fuel each tank can hold

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
Ayce
Airman

Edit the amount of fuel each tank can hold

Post by Ayce »

Hello I am currently doing a world tour (just made it out of the US) and i was just wandering if there is a way i can edit the plane to make the fuel tanks bigger so i can do a few off these longer flights. Its still going to be realistic because people who fly around the world replace the rear seats with extra fuel tanks and i would like to simulate that. If anyone knows how I could possibly do that just let me know. Thanks!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Edit the amount of fuel each tank can hold

Post by Scott - A2A »

There is no way to add more fuel than the tanks can carry. The only way to simulate this would be to put passenger and baggage weights in to match the fuel weight, then when your tanks run dry, remove the passengers and weight and add the same amount of fuel and continue on. This would at least give the same weight and balance.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ayce
Airman

Post by Ayce »

I will try that on my next leg thanks for the response!

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Ayce wrote:Hello I am currently doing a world tour (just made it out of the US) and i was just wandering if there is a way i can edit the plane to make the fuel tanks bigger so i can do a few off these longer flights. Its still going to be realistic because people who fly around the world replace the rear seats with extra fuel tanks and i would like to simulate that. If anyone knows how I could possibly do that just let me know. Thanks!
via

If you've added the tio tanks and filled both them and the mains, and still don't have enough range you need to reconsider the choice of aircraft, the leg legths, the route, or the advisabilityof the flight in the face of non-beneficial weather.

Just like in the real world!

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Scott - A2A wrote:There is no way to add more fuel than the tanks can carry. The only way to simulate this would be to put passenger and baggage weights in to match the fuel weight, then when your tanks run dry, remove the passengers and weight and add the same amount of fuel and continue on. This would at least give the same weight and balance.

Scott.

We'll call this the "United" solution...... :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Dogsbody55 wrote:
Scott - A2A wrote:There is no way to add more fuel than the tanks can carry. The only way to simulate this would be to put passenger and baggage weights in to match the fuel weight, then when your tanks run dry, remove the passengers and weight and add the same amount of fuel and continue on. This would at least give the same weight and balance.

Scott.

We'll call this the "United" solution...... :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Cheers,
Mike
Hahahahahahaha LMAO

TonyW
Airman First Class

Post by TonyW »

Hi All,

Remind me never to fly real life with some of you guys. Even if you provided me with a parachute I'm not sure I'd appreciate being asked to disembark halfway over the Atlantic. As someone else said this sounds like a "United Airlines" solution, although that aircraft was still on the ground when the passenger was asked to disembark. :D

On a serious note though, if you are trying to make your flights realistic then changing the loading during the flight is hardly realistic. What about flying from Alaska to Russia - is that not a short stretch?

Regards,

Tony

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”