Rudder not working

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
jwd146
Airman Basic

Rudder not working

Post by jwd146 »

Hi
I have reset my computer and reinstalled p3d v3 at version 3.4.18.19475 and have been reinstalling my addons over the last month or so. We I went to test the Comanche I noticed the rudder pedals in VC or exterior physical rudder wasn't moving when I press my rudder pedals. I then checked other a2a aircraft and have the same problem with the C182, Cub and Cherokee, however all other default and other addon aircraft work perfectly.
Elevator and ailerons work perfectly
I have tried resetting binds in sim and fsuipc with no luck
I have also tried reinstalling sim connect but that didn't make a difference
Any help would be appreciated as I've never had a problem like this before
Let me know if you want to know anything else
Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Rudder not working

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi,

A global problem with the rudder axis in your A2A aircraft does sound like it could be a SimConnect issue. Have you checked in the maintenance hangar to see if all the aircraft components are shown in red as 'broken' which is a common symptom of this? In P3D, loading a complex add-on aircraft straight from the opening screen can also prevent SimConnect initialising properly. For this reason, it's a good idea to load a simple aircraft such as the default Maule beforehand.

As you use FSUIPC, it's probably also worth checking that you don't have aircraft-specific profiles set up where the rudder is unassigned.

It may also be worth opening the A2A "Comanche Input Configurator" to make sure your rudder axis isn't assigned elsewhere.

Cheers,
Nick

jwd146
Airman Basic

Post by jwd146 »

Nick M wrote:Hi,

A global problem with the rudder axis in your A2A aircraft does sound like it could be a SimConnect issue. Have you checked in the maintenance hangar to see if all the aircraft components are shown in red as 'broken' which is a common symptom of this? In P3D, loading a complex add-on aircraft straight from the opening screen can also prevent SimConnect initialising properly. For this reason, it's a good idea to load a simple aircraft such as the default Maule beforehand.

As you use FSUIPC, it's probably also worth checking that you don't have aircraft-specific profiles set up where the rudder is unassigned.

It may also be worth opening the A2A "Comanche Input Configurator" to make sure your rudder axis isn't assigned elsewhere.

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks for the reply Nick

I checked in the maitanece panel and there were no reds, I also pressed the complete overhaul a couple of times

I also tried loading up the maule first but this didn't make a difference.

Checked fsuipc and everything was normal. I also have the rudder bound in p3d settings as this seems to make it smoother and I've tried deleting that with no affect so I re added it and deleted fsuipc rudder binding which also had no affect.

Opened configurator and everything is disabled so unless there is a way to completely delete an assignment I don't think the input configurator is the problem.

Thanks
Josh

jwd146
Airman Basic

Post by jwd146 »

I tried slewing up a few hundred feet and this gets the rudder going but in reverse.
Then when I land it still works by will only travel about 1/8 each way on the ground.
Or if I takeoff normally it works but again in reverse.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Josh

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Josh,

Sounds like a control conflict of some sort, or that's something is a little screwy with your FSUIPC installation in general. For troubleshooting purposes, I suggest you disable FSUIPC entirely (you can simply move the FSUIPC4.DLL to a temporary folder) and see if the problem persists when you just use the rudder axis assignment within P3D.

Thanks,
Nick

jwd146
Airman Basic

Post by jwd146 »

Nick M wrote:Hi Josh,

Sounds like a control conflict of some sort, or that's something is a little screwy with your FSUIPC installation in general. For troubleshooting purposes, I suggest you disable FSUIPC entirely (you can simply move the FSUIPC4.DLL to a temporary folder) and see if the problem persists when you just use the rudder axis assignment within P3D.

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks Nick this fixed it!
I will try reinstalling fsuipc and see if it still works
I suspect the problem may have been because I used the fsuipc.ini file from my previous install and part of it may have corrupted the sim

Thanks
Josh

jwd146
Airman Basic

Post by jwd146 »

After deleting ini and reinstalling then re assigning all my binds everything is working normally!!!

Thanks for your help

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Josh - glad it's all sorted. :)

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”