Display problem Avionics stack

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
mmc71
Airman Basic

Display problem Avionics stack

Post by mmc71 »

I'm using the Comanche for a longer time now and had never problems with it. Couple of days ago, I have installed the Cherokee as well and now have a display problem with BOTH aircrafts. When I power up the aircrafts and turn on Avionics, the Nav and ADF devices show only zero digits in the displays instead of the correct frequencies. Nevertheless, when I hover over the dial knobs the popup field shows the frequency that is currently set. This happens quite often but not always. Rough estimation is 50:50.

The only way to get rid of these zero digits or whatever it is, is to restart FSX and the problem has disappeared. I've never seen it twice in a row. Simple question, how can I solve this problem ?

Thanks a lot, Michael

FSX SP2 Windows 10

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Display problem Avionics stack

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Michael - welcome to the forums. :)

I guess the first thing to check is whether you've installed the latest Accu-Sim update since installing the Cherokee? It can be downloaded from the link in this pinned post.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please can you confirm which aircraft you have saved to load with your default flight in FSX? Using complex add-ons such as the A2A aircraft in the default flight can cause problems.

Cheers,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums, I would suggest making sure you have the latest update and then as Nick suggests check your default flight as it could be an initialization problem. The default flight should be a default aircraft ideally for the best initial sim load as so many settings for that first load will be taken from the default flight.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mmc71
Airman Basic

Post by mmc71 »

Lewis and Nick, Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've already installed the latest update couple of days ago. No change at all. My default flight is linked to a default Cessna that is included in the FSX package. And as I said I've never seen problems with the Comanche before I've installed the Cherokee.

Greetings, Michael

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Michael,

I'd suggest you delete the "Update_fsx" folder for both the Cherokee and Comanche and then run the "A2A_Update_01_17_17" again. The two directories you need to delete are as follows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cherokee180\Update_fsx
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Comanch250\Update_fsx

If this doesn't help, you could try deleting the "Cherokee180Log.dat" (and its equivalent for the Comanche) from "My Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180". You may wish to back up the file beforehand, as deleting it will cause you to lose any accumulated airframe/engine hours.

Cheers,
Nick

mmc71
Airman Basic

Post by mmc71 »

Hi Nick,

I've installed the latest update again according to your proposal but have still the same problem.

I forgot to mention that I'm using Simstarter to load FSX and the required sceneries. Before I delete the .dat files I will check if I can reproduce the errors when I load the app with the conventional method. Maybe Lewis is right and the initialization is not correct. I'll report back.

Regards, Michael

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Michael

yes that could be the issue. Its best when troubleshooting to get back to default as best as possible, to quickly rule out a whole bunch of stuff.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, sounds like something is still preventing the *.dll file which runs the avionics from initialising properly. I don't know much about SIMstarter, but as Lewis says, probably best to eliminate it as part of the troubleshooting process.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”