Piper Comanche 250 cabin heat questions

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
LmcVicar12345
Airman Basic

Piper Comanche 250 cabin heat questions

Post by LmcVicar12345 »

Hello. I got the Piper Comanche a couple of weeks ago. I love flying it. It is a joy to fly. The level of detail A2A put into it is amazing. I never new fsx could ever look so good. Anyway, every flight I bring up the clipboard, it displays all of the checklists and on the top it displays the cabin temperature, cool, cold, warm, hot, and so on. It is freezing now, about 10 degrees outside (-12c). I let the plane warm up for about 15 minutes to let the cycle head temp and oil temp to go in the green. The aircraft runs fine, but I am confused with the heater in the cockpit. I can have the vents 100% and heat 100% and it will say but warming rapidly for a couple of seconds and then it will stop and say steady . I tried opening everything a little bit and not all the way but it does he same thing. If someone would help me that would be great. It might help my windsheild and windows from fogging up. Thanks!

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Re: Piper Comanche 250 cabin heat questions

Post by ClipperLuna »

Your vents are letting cold air in--close 'em part or most of the way. For that temperature I think something in the very wide ball park of 20% open vent and 80% open heater should do it (give or take).

Edit: to deal with fogging, I usually just set my defroster to 50% open and leave it there, then control the cabin temperature with the vent and heat knobs

pilotgod
Senior Airman

Re: Piper Comanche 250 cabin heat questions

Post by pilotgod »

IRL, inot a PA-28R Arrow, I usually keep the vents closed below 40F, and have them cracked otherwise if using heat. I'd do the same thing in the sim and AccuSim seems to be just fine with it.
System Specs:
Intel i7-2600 @ 4.3GHz, ASUS P8P67-Deluxe, 8GB DDR3-1600, ATI Radeon HD7770 (2GB), OCZ Vertex 250GB SSD (OS), Seagate 1TB HDD (Data)
FSX w/Acceleration and tons of add-ons.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”