Comanche and PC requirements?

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
quantel
Airman Basic

Comanche and PC requirements?

Post by quantel »

I am contemplating buying the Comanche 250 but I am unsure whether my PC will handle the Accu-Sim demands. Although my rig is pretty old it handles FSX reasonably well as I fly with all of the superfluous eye candy deactivated.
My system comprises the following: Microsoft XP professional 5.01.2600 service pack 3 , Motherboard Gigabyte G41M-combo, CPU Intel E7400 Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz LGA775, Memory 2 x 2 GB DDR3 interlaced ,NVIDIA GeForce GT630 Video card 1Gb Ram .
I am a pensioner and my finances are severely limited and I would appreciate some advice.

Alan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Comanche and PC requirements?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Alan,

Welcome to the forums and apologies that your question's been overlooked for a couple of days.

Inevitably, complex add-ons like the Comanche will take a bit of a toll on FPS but the A2A products do seem to be very well optimised in terms of the 3-D models and texture mapping; I suspect there are many happy A2A customers with systems similar to your own. It really depends on how much you're happy to pull back the sliders and whether you plan to use other add-ons concurrently such as enhanced scenery or weather.

Are you currently able to maintain over 30 FPS in most situations with the default aircraft? If so, that's a good sign. Also, do you use any other aircraft add-ons already for comparison?

Cheers,
Nick

r601020
Senior Airman

Re: Comanche and PC requirements?

Post by r601020 »

I use an old box and monitor usage with task manager. If FSX:SE loads over 1 million (and it does sometimes), I'll exit the program and restart; problem(s) waiting to happen. I kill all NVIDIA programs running unnecessarily in the background.

Memory (RAM) is pennies on the dollar compared to what it was when I bought it, and you seem to be shy there of something that will improve your experience (it did mine). I also use a product called Advanced System Care, with one of its many uses is clearing unnecessarily used RAM from residual programs still taxing it.
Richard

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”