Reloading Comanche on FSX

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Reloading Comanche on FSX

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi George - it's possible Windows 10 handles running files with admin privileges differently to Windows 7 which I'm on. Try a look at a page like this for more info on this. If you've got a full admin account, running as administrator shouldn't be necessary though.

However, are you absolutely sure that Norton was disabled throughout the re-installation process?

If so, there are still a few other things you can do. One suggestion is to check the "[Trusted]" section in your FSX.cfg file to make sure that the custom A2A modules (DLL files) are being permitted to load. See here for a previous post covering this.

The FSX.cfg can be found in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. However, 'hidden files' must be shown in order to see it.

Thanks,
Nick

gts
Airman

Post by gts »

Have tried suggested fix several times nothing worked-any more suggestions.

Thanks,

George

gts
Airman

Post by gts »

Nick somehow it got fixed!! I was having an issue with lights on the Carenado T206 with beacon having a square on the flash and the Milviz C310 not loading the complete aircraft-missing part of the tail assembly. Carenado suggest reloading the T206 under administrator and then reloading the Microsoft SP2 over it. It worked. I guess the SP2 was not getting loaded. Anyway I appreciate all your help and hope my explanation of my problem will help you with others that run across this.

Thanks again for all your help and best wishes from Laws Hill, MS USA

George

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for letting us know what you did to fix the installation George. Wonder why it didn't work before, as installing the SPs was the first thing we tried! :?

Anyway, glad to hear you're back up and running.

All the best,
Nick

gts
Airman

Post by gts »

Should I repeat the process you suggested for reinstalling the 172, 182 and Cherokee 180 or try the standard installation first.

Thanks,

George

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

George - If you've got any remnants left over of these from previous installs, it's probably best to get rid of them as described for the Comanche. Otherwise, a straight install should be fine.

However, after you've finished reinstalling all your A2A products, you should certainly run that Accu-Sim update again to get the most recent fixes and features. :wink:

Thanks,
Nick

gts
Airman

Post by gts »

Nick reloaded the 172, 182 and 180 today with no install problems.

Thanks again for all your help.

George

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sounds promising! Hope you have problem-free flying from here on in... :wink:

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”