Reloading Comanche on FSX

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
gts
Airman

Reloading Comanche on FSX

Post by gts »

I had to uninstall FSX and reinstall- when I tried to fly the Comanche it was only partial there-bits and pieces of the plane. I tried to reinstall it and the same thing happened-even downloaded a new installation file-have 19 left and still got the same result-I have the same issues with the 182, Cherokee 180, 172.

Thanks,

George

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Reloading Comanche on FSX

Post by speedy70 »

Hi George.
You must download, and run as administrator ,the latest updater here.
http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _09_16.zip
Please also read the manuals,they are essential reading.

Cheers Chris

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello George,

Chris is absolutely correct about installing the A2A update, but I think the culprit in this case may be that you haven't installed the two free FSX Service Packs from Microsoft. They're available from here: https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Game ... ads/Pages/. (You should install both SP1 and SP2.)

This assumes you've got the original disk version of FSX and don't use the Acceleration expansion pack?

Thanks,
Nick

gts
Airman

Post by gts »

Chris and Nick thanks for your help it loaded correctly except there is no input from my control yoke it works on my other aircraft but not on the Comanche it is the only A2A aircraft I have on now I uninstalled my 172. 182 and Cherokee 180 till I got the installation problem fixed. Any ideas on getting my controls to work again. No yoke, rudder, throttle, mixture or prop control.

Thanks again for your help.

George

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

George - it's possible that the SimConnect client which allows the A2A aircraft to communicate with the host sim isn't properly installed. If so, you could try the following steps from the FAQ thread:
Lewis - A2A wrote:- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer
Hopefully this will get you back in business, but if not, let us know. If this doesn't work, please can you also tell us which edition of FSX you're using.

Thanks,
Nick

gts
Airman

Post by gts »

Chris and Nick tried your suggestions did not work I am running FSX Deluxe Edition.

Thanks again for your help.

George

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay - so it's now loading okay, but your hardware controller isn't functioning (and only in the Comanche)? And you tried running the SimConnect installer linked above?

Please could you check in the maintenance hangar (shift 7) on the reported state of the aircraft. Lots of red entries may suggest an issue with SimConnect if 'complete overhaul' doesn't fix them.

One thing that does cause issues is saving the A2A products in the default flight. Are you loading one of the stock FSX aircraft first?

Nick

gts
Airman

Post by gts »

Not opening in default flight and cannot open maintenance hanger, clipboard etc.

George

gts
Airman

Post by gts »

Here is what I can do I can use throttle and control power with throttle on yoke with no indication on manifold pressure or tachometer stuck at about 15" and 1000 rpm's and no movement shown on throttle or prop control. Can control pitch, and roll with no movement shown by Comanche yoke or rudder pedals. All other instruments seem to function normally-airspeed etc. Still have complete control on stock aircraft. No movement on throttle, prop and mixture control.

Thanks,

George

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

George - it definitely sounds like the SimConnect part of the sim isn't installed properly, or there's an issue with files being written to your computer or loaded.

Looking back through your earlier posts, I see you've encountered some similar issues before. However, prior to the recent FSX reinstall, were the A2A products working correctly? Was there a problem with the sim that prompted the reinstall?

Another question: do you have any antivirus software running (e.g. Norton) which may be 'quarantining' files which are a valid part of the installation?

Thanks,
Nick

gts
Airman

Post by gts »

Ok I hope this makes sense the computer prompted me install some updates for Windows 10 and screen shot changed and had a new look to everything. I had not had any current problems with the A2A aircraft installed. After the updates were installed I could not open FSX by the file or my shortcut on the desktop. So I did a uninstall and complete reinstall of FSX that is when I had the loading problem just getting pieces of the aircraft showing which you helped me fix. I do have Norton security with antivirus and have been getting some quick notices of threats being blocked during some of the installations.

Thanks again,

George

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for added info George - I think we're getting somewhere with the 'differential diagnosis'! :) Sounds like Norton AV is disabling some of the components (such as .dll files) which the A2A products use.

Hopefully your FSX installation is successfully patched now. Next step would be to do a clean reinstall of the A2A products but with Norton disabled. The process for a clean install would be as follows:

1. Uninstall the C172 using the standard MS Windows control panel.

2. Then manually delete these three directories if they're still there...

...My Documents\A2A\FSX\Comanche250
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Comanche250
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche

3. After doing so, restart your PC then install the Comanche using the original file you downloaded at purchase, right clicking and selecting "run as administrator".

4. Finally, download and run the latest Accu-Sim updater as administrator too.

We'll get you sorted in the end!
Nick

gts
Airman

Post by gts »

The only A2A aircraft on FSX is the Comanche-have no 172 to delete.

George

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sorry - copied and pasted that lot from a previous post I'd written but missed that reference to the 172 in the edit. I meant uninstall the Comanche. :wink:

Nick

gts
Airman

Post by gts »

Nick that did not work-I did everything you said except I could not do the reinstall of the Comanche under as administrator would not let me or give me the option.

George

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”