am i doing it wrong ?

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
maria2244
Airman

am i doing it wrong ?

Post by maria2244 »

I understand that we should never load accusim aircraft like Comanche as the default flight ?

what I do
I run my prepar3d
change the aircraft to a2a Comanche
and hit ok
sometimes I leave airport to default (don't change it )

does that like I'm loading the a2a Comanche with a default flight ?

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Re: am i doing it wrong ?

Post by DC3 »

You shouldn't have any problem leaving everything as is when you load the Comanche.

maria2244
Airman

Post by maria2244 »

DC3 wrote:You shouldn't have any problem leaving everything as is when you load the Comanche.
thank you
lewis said here
you should never use a complex simulation as a default flight, the default flight should always use a non complex default aircraft otherwise issues such as you have encountered can happen upon first load .
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=50549

what does he mean by the default flight I mean how can you load it with the default flight ?
also if when I open my prepar3d change to Comanche and hit ok to fly (leaving everything like airport weather time etc ) as default
does that what he mean by default flight ?

I'm sorry about my English
thank you

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

I always start P3D from the Start Scenario Screen, which there is a checkbox on that screen. Then pick aircraft, airport, etc, and zero problems with any complex aircraft. Works every time.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

maria2244 wrote: lewis said here
you should never use a complex simulation as a default flight, the default flight should always use a non complex default aircraft otherwise issues such as you have encountered can happen upon first load .
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=50549

what does he mean by the default flight I mean how can you load it with the default flight ?
also if when I open my prepar3d change to Comanche and hit ok to fly (leaving everything like airport weather time etc ) as default
does that what he mean by default flight ?

I'm sorry about my English
thank you
By default, in FSX anyway, you have the ultra light trike and friday harbour as a location.

If you load another airport with another plane, you can save flight and there is an optional box that allows you to save the flight as a default.

Now next time you load the sim, you have different plane and airport already selected. But do not do this with complex addon aircrafts. you can change the airport to your favourite one if you do not wish to choose it manually each time.

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

In FSX the default flight is loaded when the sim starts up. In FSX the default flight can be changed to any flight condition desired and any aircraft desired. FSX will configure itself when it starts based on the location, weather, time, and aircraft of the default flight. Complex aircraft developers (A2A) say the complex aircraft have settings that cause FSX to configure itself wrongly when the sim starts up. This wrong configuration will cause problems with the functionality of the sim. Using a Microsoft airport, and aircraft as the default flight prevent the sim from configuring itself wrongly. After the sim is started, when the A2A aircraft is loaded, the sim is already configured and ready to make the changes necessary for the A2A aircraft.

I do not know if P3D functions in a similar manner. P3D is based on FSX so it may have similar characteristics.

maria2244
Airman

Post by maria2244 »

DC3 wrote:In FSX the default flight is loaded when the sim starts up. In FSX the default flight can be changed to any flight condition desired and any aircraft desired. FSX will configure itself when it starts based on the location, weather, time, and aircraft of the default flight. Complex aircraft developers (A2A) say the complex aircraft have settings that cause FSX to configure itself wrongly when the sim starts up. This wrong configuration will cause problems with the functionality of the sim. Using a Microsoft airport, and aircraft as the default flight prevent the sim from configuring itself wrongly. After the sim is started, when the A2A aircraft is loaded, the sim is already configured and ready to make the changes necessary for the A2A aircraft.

I do not know if P3D functions in a similar manner. P3D is based on FSX so it may have similar characteristics.
thanks
so first when I load to the main p3d screen I need to leave the f-22 (default aircraft ) change the airport and load to scenery
and then switch to the a2a Comanche .

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

bobsk8 wrote:I always start P3D from the Start Scenario Screen, which there is a checkbox on that screen. Then pick aircraft, airport, etc, and zero problems with any complex aircraft. Works every time.
Same here. My experience is that there is no need to go through a default aircraft with P3D (contrary to FSX). I also advise against using a saved scenario. Set afresh the parameters (location, the chosen aircraft, time etc) in the Start Scenario Screen and enter the sim.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

maria2244 wrote:
DC3 wrote:In FSX the default flight is loaded when the sim starts up. In FSX the default flight can be changed to any flight condition desired and any aircraft desired. FSX will configure itself when it starts based on the location, weather, time, and aircraft of the default flight. Complex aircraft developers (A2A) say the complex aircraft have settings that cause FSX to configure itself wrongly when the sim starts up. This wrong configuration will cause problems with the functionality of the sim. Using a Microsoft airport, and aircraft as the default flight prevent the sim from configuring itself wrongly. After the sim is started, when the A2A aircraft is loaded, the sim is already configured and ready to make the changes necessary for the A2A aircraft.

thanks
so first when I load to the main p3d screen I need to leave the f-22 (default aircraft ) change the airport and load to scenery
Just start, as I suggested, in P3D Scenario Setup, and if you have that "show at startup" box checked , P3D will open on that screen. Then select the aircraft you want to fly, the airport, and time of day, and click OK.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

maria2244 wrote:

thanks
For FSX this is the recommended method for starting the sim and loading the complex aircraft.

For P3D (which I do not own) other people in this stream have recommendations which you may also consider.

The base idea is to have the sim configured correctly and ready to accept the complex aircraft.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its actually the other way around with the latest P3D versions. P3D is more prone to issues in initial boot than FSX. So good practice is to load into a default aircraft at your chosen place and then change the aircraft.

P3D is also more prone to default flight issues if using a complex or third party aircraft as the default flight.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Which brings up a curious point - my P3D at least loads a "third party airplane" on the startup, as I understand it. The F-22 by IRIS, that is. :)

-Esa

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

AKar wrote:Which brings up a curious point - my P3D at least loads a "third party airplane" on the startup, as I understand it. The F-22 by IRIS, that is. :)
Yeah, the key point with P3D seems to be to load the flight with a 'simple' aircraft initially; in other words, one that doesn't rely on lots of SimConnect interactions. Much of the 'default' P3D hangar is indeed provided to LM by third parties but I guess none of them uses advanced external coding like the A2A stuff.

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”