Oxygen?

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
alioth
Senior Airman

Re: Oxygen?

Post by alioth »

Nick M wrote:
alioth wrote:I can show it here if you want.
Yes please! It sounds great. :)

Thanks,
Nick

I have posted in this thread link:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 24&t=59051

Arturo.

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

First I see the oxygen cheat....then see these :idea: :idea: :idea:

Combined, I see a working oxygen system... :mrgreen:

The idea 💡
Oxygen pressure decreases over time ( find out how long the system lasts)
If user has not selected correct altitude (left gauge, above) you’s gonna pass out dude :)

The second image could be used to display oxygen level in tank, what system is connected ( 3 ports, pilot, copilot, and the 3rd for rear passengers....running through a Y splitter maybe)

Thoughts?

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

Here's a quick look at the birth of the idea :) lots left to do yet..but today's progress:

https://youtu.be/VT6589gmVfY

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

99% complete
Working as envisioned
Button on controller set up to activate the LUA.
Although activated, it will sit idle unless the altitude dial is set correctly to current flight altitude, giving you correct oxygen flow to fly at high altitudes for prolonged periods.

Set LUA reminder light / oxygen mask on/off
Oxy flow indicators

https://youtu.be/sNvBRyojGL0

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Hey! That’s awesome!
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

That is really creative! Its kind of the perfect solution for a group that is mixed on wanting or not wanting Oxygen for higher flights. It also enables those who want to explore altitude and engine performance. 😀

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

Thanks guys :)

Think i'm about done with it now, so status increased too 100% complete.

I made some short vids showing the logic.
In this vid i am around 17500ft and my oxygen blood level is getting low..as represented by the red illuminated LED.
Left longer, it will begin to flash rapidly.

The LUA is then actuated, via a button press on my throttle, and is confirmed by the 4, flashing in sequence, green LED's

Altitude dialed in and oxygen activated, confirmed by the blue LED, and oxygen being used by the green LED (when pilot breath's)

https://youtu.be/4foiuxb0jW0

Then i test the logic of the oxy valve.

Although the LUA is active, wrong alt is set/ valve closed.

Red LED re-illuminated to give warning

I then set the correct alt. and the red warning LED extinguishes, and oxygen is re-enabled.

https://youtu.be/75xXBW9Dq30

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The things you do when your bored! :mrgreen:

bjratchf
Airman Basic

Post by bjratchf »

This wasn't made publicly available was it? :)

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

Not as yet, no one ever asked.
Your more than welcome to it, if you want. Just let me know.

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Looks like great work, and I'm highly interested. Finally be able to cross the Alps.. would you mind to share your work? Just drop me a PM.
Kind regards, Matthias

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Matthias,

Luke ('maddz') has uploaded the gauge to Avsim.

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?Se ... &Go=Search

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

Please bare in mind you'll need a registered version of FSUIPC for the gauge to work.. i forgot to mention this in the download file. :oops:

Enjoy!

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Installed into the Bonanza on P3Dv4.5HF2, and it works flawlessly. Many many thanks for your efforts! Finally able to cross the Alps IFR.
However, I had to adjust the path of the gauges.. maybe it's just me.
In the readme the gauge is referred to as "Oxy_Panel!OxyCylPressure", and the user should "Copy the ''Oxygen guage clean'' folder into the panel folder". However, the gauge files should be in a subfolder which is named "Oxy_Panel". Then things are working as expected.
Kind regards, Matthias

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

MatzeH84 wrote: 01 May 2020, 09:22 Installed into the Bonanza on P3Dv4.5HF2, and it works flawlessly. Many many thanks for your efforts! Finally able to cross the Alps IFR.
However, I had to adjust the path of the gauges.. maybe it's just me.
In the readme the gauge is referred to as "Oxy_Panel!OxyCylPressure", and the user should "Copy the ''Oxygen guage clean'' folder into the panel folder". However, the gauge files should be in a subfolder which is named "Oxy_Panel". Then things are working as expected.
Well well well, great spot there Matthias. Thanks for pointing that out, how i missed that i don't know! :oops:

Its been downloaded 50+ times and your the only person to report it....now i wonder if others spotted it and corrected it, or just gave up with it. I uploaded the zipped file (named : Oxygen gauge clean) containing the Oxy_Panel folder with all the files inside that folder, but somehow the Oxy_Panel folder has disappeared. Strange. :?:

I'm not sure whether to re-upload the file with corrections, or, as most will more than likely see this gauge here, and see how to correct it, leave as is? :?

Also good to know it works in P3Dv4.5HF2. Thanks

cc_aero
Airman Basic

Post by cc_aero »

Hi @all :D

recently i have bought the A2A C182 and i must say it's realy an wonderfull addon - i love it :)
But i have also found out that there is an hypoxia simulation :shock: I have searched for a solution to go on higher altitudes without hypoxia, so i have found this thread.

Inspired from this thread and much more form the work of maddz, i have developed my own oxygen-supply-gauge - i call it "OXYNATOR".
I have used some assets/images from the work of maddz (like background, an lampimage, etc - i hope this is okay for you @maddz) but have coded the rest completly be my self.

This are the main-features of my solution:
  • implements an bottle-based oxygen-supply-simulation
  • use of the oxygen-system reduce the remainig oxygen in the system
  • oxygen-saturation increases slowly, when supply is on, not abruptly
  • simulating pulling off and putting on the oxygen-mask
  • remaining oxygen is saved, even if the simulator switched off
  • the oxygen consumation is calculated based on the number of passengers and their weight
  • the plugin can be auto-loaded on simulator-start
Just like maddz solution, the registered version of FSUIPC is needed because it's an LUA-plugin. I have developed and tested the gauge with P3Dv4.5HF2, i don't if it works with older versions or FSX. "Oxynator" is designed for the C182 but i think it should also work with other modells.

This is, how my gauge looks:

And here, you can see "oxynator" in action: (@A2A-Team, i hope it is okay thats at the beginning of hte video the A2A-logo is shown, if not i can remove it)
https://youtu.be/EsENTxnCLCU

I'm still doing a few tests and want to write an little documenatation and install-instructions and then i would like to make "oxynator" available as download - as opensource of cource :)

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”