P3Dv5 & v6 PLUS MSFS

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
rod55
Staff Sergeant

P3Dv5 & v6 PLUS MSFS

Post by rod55 »

Prepar3D
Lockheed Martin
Skip to content
Quick linksFAQrod321Private messagesNotifications
HomepagePrepar3D BoardsPrepar3D Application SupportPrepar3D Client Application Questions
V6 DOME/PANEL LIGHT SWITCH NOT ILLUMINATING PLANE PANEL

Search this topic…
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
rod321
v6 dome/panel light switch NOT illuminating plane panel
Post by rod321 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:42 pm

Hi folks

The dome or panel switch does not illuminate all aircraft panels in both DAWN and DUSK time options; this is serious cos you cannot see the panel at all !!

However, in the NIGHT time option: the panel itself is partly visible; and the dome/panel switches DO work effectively and light up the aircraft panel and its controls.

??

Hoping that LM gives this a tweak

Rod
EGBB
pestridge77
Re: v6 dome/panel light switch NOT illuminating plane panel
Post by pestridge77 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:48 pm

hiya,
is this in default aircraft to the sim or 3rd party aircraft.
I know currently there are few 3rd party aircraft that have yet to update their aircraft and in v6 the way flight deck lighting happens in v6 has changed from earlier versions, meaning the lights in non supported aircraft may not function as intended until the developers update the aircraft.
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k @ 4.7Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
RAM: Patriot Viper 1x 32GB DDR4 Core Speed 3200Ghz
OS: Windows 10 (tweaked/modded for Flight Sim Performance)
quid21
Post by quid21 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:50 pm

In my product using fx based dynamic cockpit spotlights as described in both the V5 (works) and V6 SDK the panel and cockpit lights do not appear to work regardless of time of day.
rod321
Post by rod321 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:43 pm

hiya Adam
Many thanks for stepping forward and for your expert insightful question.
As usual Adam, you're onto something here:
in general, I think there's an LM P3D issue of a swamping darkness in the cockpit when I select times 'dawn' and 'dusk' (of course, I have a work-around of then flying 60-90 mins later than dawn and 60 -90 mins earlier than dusk. So then I still get the "cool, alone, atmospherics" of flying early morning and evening.)

Thank you for tolerating my waffle, fellow simmers

But specifically, a collection of defects happen, in the same way for each plane, with my set of superb A2A planes (Bonanza, Comanche, Cherokee, Skylane, Texan T6 and Spitfire.
the outside paint is matt and lacks gloss
the windows lack a glassy sheen
the interior dome lights come on but don't illuminate the panel
etc (I know the outside lights come on in the darkness, but at this moment, I can't remember if they actually illuminate anything in the surrounding environment)
Functionally, all these planes fly perfectly during DAY times in P3Dv6; except the disappointing outside paint and windows.
All of these A2A planes work wonderfully in P3D v5.4. So my dream and assumption was/IS that they'd work for the next step i.e. v6
Nope! (NOPE YET!)
I copied them into into v6 add-ons (User/Documents/ ......) from v5 (User/Documents/ ....

In the last day, I've installed Carenado's Diamond DA-62 and Alabeo's Golden Eagle C421.THEY WORK PERFECTLY IN P3Dv6, NONE OF THE ABOVE ISSUES! (as always, one can't interact with DA-62 MFD knob, 'scuse the french. But I just accept that. These 2 planes are particularly satisfying in P3D v6

(Please catch up ORBX and give me some scenery and AIRPORTS, for P3Dv6).

Back to A2A, it's British junior managers Nick and Lewis strongly, unbending and clearly assert that A2A hasn't got the resources (profits to pay extra programming staff, I presume) (?) to provide it's loyal paying customers with SUPPORT if there are problems with the A2A planes in P3D v6. I guess complexity in planes programming comes hand-in-hand with vulnerability for incompatibility. Surely just a tweaking is needed. I am very disappointed with them and hope they'll re-consider, with the success of Comanche 250 for MSFS video game platform.

Scott Gentile is absolutely brilliant and a hero in the flight sim world. He will be absorbed in the MSFS venture. Can Scott be cloned, also copied over from Documents/P3Dv5 to P3Dv6?

Can LM P3D help us A2A plane owners? These planes are really outstanding. Installed, I'm mostly leaving v6 to one side and just flying with v5.4!!!

Can anything be done, Adam and all?

Rod
EGBB time for an ale
Last edited by rod55 on 01 Aug 2023, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Re: P3Dv6

Post by rod55 »

Hi professionals and fellow simmers

After this morning's flight I'm a very happy boy and so I want and must put things in context, give credit where credit is most definitely due and to show my good motive (following the above post)

(With PC and X52 controller stick) I've just flown P3DV5.4 fabulous (pre-sim2.0) Comanche 250 with full atmospheric Orbx scenery Southampton EGHI to channel islands Alderney EGJA (with sounds of wave a-crashin' and seabirds a-screechin), at the solice of dawn and not-so-blue, typical weather Orbx 7).

Today's fab experience and real pleasure is totally due to the years or labour by Scott, Lewis, Nick et al and Anna Cicognani et al at Orbx.

Obviously, with trust and loyalty to the super team at LM P3D, I want to keep P3D v5.4 (for years to come) AND keep up to date withP3D v6 and beyond. (Without need to be lured into a video game platform).

Thank you folks.

Rod
EGBB and egg and mayo sandwich

Zingier
Airman

Post by Zingier »

P3D is dead, sorry, it's not just a2a who won't update for it, pretty much all developers have said NO.
The new Comanche flies absolutely amazing, better than the last one, in a sim environment that is astounding.
A2A is right for not wasting resources to update their aircraft for a platform where like only 5 stubborn people remain.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Zingler
thanks for your "sorry" and I'm delighted for you that your flight sim experience is astounding.

Yup, I might be typical of the P3D'ers, super stubborn.

What do you think of the pre-sim 2.0 set of A2A planes Bonanza, Comanche, Texan T6, Cherokee, Spitfire?

What's a typical MSFS'er?

Rod
now enjoying KLAX (impressive FSDT airport+ atmospheric Orbx Cal region)

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Orbx has said it is updating to P3Dv6.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi bullfox ....... and other "stubborn " ones.
I'm guessing you've been sim flying 25 years plus, deserted and badly let down by slippery Microsoft in the noughties and been loyal and served well by highly reliable LM P3D for the last decade plus. With LM, I feel I've been progressing and each new P3D version is a thrilling pinnacle in my life-long path.

So, for a huge chunk of my life-time, an O.A.P. and NHS retiree, I've been equally thrilled with my investment in A2A. Over other publishers, I near exclusively (STILL) use my A2A fleet and will continue so, for my stay here.

And how fantastic I think Scott's videos are pre-2.0 Comanche 250 and Texan T6. I still watch 'em every now and again. They're in my premier league with e.g. with Travelling Willburys videos etc. etc.

You are right, bullfox, to post that wonderful Anna Cicognani of Orbx has promised P3D v6 updates (and I'm praying for more; personally I'd like Birmingham airport, Cork, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Cologne).

Here's to stubbornly progressing, resisting disappointment, chin up!

And having faith in the good'ns, the 'leaders in this field'; that is A2A

Rod
EGBB better get out there mow lawn before precipitation "pi.xxxxx.es down", escape and fly A2A later on, maybe around Los Angeles or Edinburgh to Dundee.

Zingier
Airman

Post by Zingier »

Okay, I'm very happy with what the present and the future holds, flying the Comanche in msfs2020, is the best simming experience I have ever had,all I'm missing is the smell of Avgas and g-forces.
The last time I flew in p3d I felt like going through a time tunnel back to 2010, it is so outdated, it still reeks so much of fsx, there is no loyalty in reselling the same product full price 6 times, and at the end product still has no good camera system, no sloped runways, navaids are outdated, and you have to search the internet just to have matching VOR and ILSs frequency, what made p3d good were the add-ons, you basically had to replace everything default, ground textures with orbx, cameras with chase plane, weather with active sky and etc. Now with almost all great developers shifting away from it, what's left?
I'm sure p3d will still have its uses for whatever military purposes Lockheed uses it, but for the general consumer market, it is pretty much dead.

Zingier
Airman

Post by Zingier »

And expecting A2A to update for it is just unrealistic, you can like it as much as you want, but you can't deny that almost all of p3d user base has shifted to Msfs, the market for p3d is stale, while for Msfs is bubbling with not only old p3d users( like myself by the way), xplane users, and newcomers, not only that, but A2A is much less limited in this new platform, because they have access to the new technologies and aren't bound by old outdated software, just look how much better the textures in the new Comanche are. I simply think you are missing out on much, but hey, each to their own.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Zingler

thank you for taking time to describe things in detail. I applaud you and think these are superb and educative posts! Not quite 10 out of 10, though! You omitted to answer my question and say what you thought and rate about the pre-2.0 fleet of A2A planes: Spitfire, T6 Texan, Bonanza, Cherokee and Comanche etc

Even though I'm really sat in cloudy Birmingham GB, I've just "flown" out of (FSDT) Los Angeles KLAX, designed for P3DV5 AND P3Dv6, and south along the coast at a couple of thousand feet and then used ATC to fussily give me a runway. But, blow it, what I cannot deny is how much I've been immersed and enjoyed this. So I cannot join in and rubbish my experience and flight simulation hardware and software. I totally accept that what I'm enjoying is MERELY A FAIRLY GOOD REPRESENTATION; not an excellent copy of reality, a fickle dynamic thing too; even somewhat subjective after our ape brains have processed it, hence "the human touch", amateurish.

I am using what I have collected and actually possess RIGHT NOW. I am stubborn and resilient. I will not bin these classic and super A2A P3D planes (pre-2.0) and the intricate art of soon-to-be-updated ORBX scenery. (I will not bin my fascinating and evocative collection of 400 years of clay pipes. I will not give up with my fun attempts to REPRESENT 1960s and 1970s music.)

Good luck in your pursuit of excellence in flight simulation; with the frustration that "fickleness" inevitably brings. I wish you enjoyment, Zingler. I look forward to reading and learning more about my hero's at A2A and MSFS and learning more about aircraft and flying (mostly GA).

Rod
EGBB off to represent a fairly good lamb curry, albeit not the excellent authentic dish. But first, this OAP will belt out on my beautiful old guitar and cackle and wail along to my representation of Small Faces 'Lazy Sunday' (even though it's Saturday in reality).
Last edited by rod55 on 29 Jul 2023, 18:01, edited 2 times in total.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I mostly flight sim in the winter. In the rest of the year I have outdoor things to keep me occupied. Which is lucky this summe since it gives me time for P#D6 and the Comanche to get the bugs worked out befor I plung in. I tried Xplane 10 or 11 or 12 or what ever it is but did not seem much of the point. My plan is later this year to update to P3D6 and venture into MSFS

Right now I'm busy with astrophotography, RC flying, and Gaarden Railroading. I also follow politics closely. Another of my hobbies which is lots of fun.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Wow, bullfox. Wow! How very, very interesting and great fun AND you've got a balance with indoors, outdoors, our planet's ground and atmosphere and outer space, summer and winter.

And I'm thinking much the same as you; keep flying P3D (v5 AND v6) waiting for updates/fixes. And I will continue with LM for my stay on this 'ere planet

AND (ZINGLER'S EARS A-BURNIN'), pension permitting, another PC for MSFS (as well as P3D!) or adapting my current machine. I'll have to take advice from my experts at Midlands Computers, Telford. But where to put another PC in my 6'x8' office? And I don't want to fanny-around with a second monitor or X-BOX (whatever that is) and youngsters gaming environment controls, menus etc. But it all sounds like an expensive OTT hassle, for this old git who hasn't even got and definitely doesn't want a mobile phone because the world would constantly bother me with their own agenda, disturbing my concentration, and wasting my precious time. (I would have the mobile turned OFF all the time! I've noticed mid-chat that people look down to answer their mobile, then I just walk away, insulted!)

Best wishes to you both

Rod EGBB

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

The only hobby I have that doesn't requre chagring batteries is flight simming. Every other hobby, including following politics (the laptop) requires charging batteries. I get older. I have to double check all the batteries to be sure thay are charged. Seems like to a great extent now days we are slaves to batteries.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hiya Bullfox, Zingler and all,

thanks Bullfox for taking the time to step forward with your posts. I don't feel so negated. Please keep checkin' those batteries! It's bloomin' worth it! Though don't bother chargin' the mobile phone!!

So, all charged up with P3Dv5, I've just taken off IFR, pre-2.0 Comanche from Edinburgh EGPH at 5.30 am, Orbx7 dimmer weather, and landed Dundee EGPN (Orbx Scotland Region and Airports). That was really wonderful! There's no way that I would ever bin LM P3Dv5 or P3Dv6 (with even more potential)!! If YOU, dear reader, have a spare hour and fly the same flight then I believe many, many of you would agree with this. Don't bin P3D! And Anna Cicognani's Orbx is astounding! All great REPRESENTATION of flight (thanks to Orbx's Nick Cooper's analysis).

(Of course, feel free to splash to the cash on hardware, redesigning your set-up, to investigate the pro's and cons (surely) of MSFS; with it's superior Comanche and a range of aspects. Which I might just do, if I think can mustering the funds and resources justifies it)

From an ethical/humanitarian stand, "everyone should get flows of dosh for labour and end-product". I have absolutely no problem, even pleasure, in buying any version of P3D. Each version is a distinct stand-alone flight simulator. Of course, one SHOULD pay for each version. It would be downright mean and stupid to assert otherwise. And with that logic, I happily accept and offer to buy Sim 2.0 (etc) Comanche 250 as if it were a completely new product! Of course it is! Got my plastic card in sweaty mits and ready to buy, for aircraft/s compatible with P3D v6. And ditto, for buying all Orbx scenery Global, Regional and Airports to fit P3D v6.

When you see how wonderful Orbx products are for P3D v5 why wouldn't one buy 'em. They are new products. Software, just a few £10's each compared to a few £thousands for new hardware. All relatively excellent value compared to the cost of an extra PC (or a disastrous and wasted holiday to the fires in the Mediterranean. Wishing your recovery, folks)

Rod
EGBB great times for flight sim

Zingier
Airman

Post by Zingier »

Yes Rod, all A2A products were great, they have always set the bar very high when it comes to simming ever since the FSX days.
My opinion is simply that p3d is not the best 2023 has to offer, and that a2a is not being disloyal by going with the tide, at the end of the day, they're a company.

Now If you're happy with what you got, that's great, that's what matters.
Happy flying.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I like flying my sim and I like riding my motorcycles. I've had a 1950 Harley Panhead since 1962. I've bought and sold many other motorcycles since then, but I plan to keep the Panhead forever. My A2A P-40 is the closest sim aircraft in terms of visceral experience to what I get when riding my Panhead.

I've got P3D v5.4 working like a champ right now. No tweaking required to the sim settings, keyboard bindings, etc. I just preflight the bird and fly. Plus, this is the only sim that gives me that P-40 flight experience. No need to change.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”