IMPORTANT: Check your controller sensitivities

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Earl
Airman

Re: IMPORTANT: FSX Users - Check your controller sensitiviti

Post by Earl »

Scott, we have the controller yoke offered in the sim bundle as well as a Saitek yoke. Elevator works instantly, but alerions have large null on either yoke. (sensitivity is far right, null is full left) and flying is really difficult the slower speed, slower is the response on the control. Could there be drivers to be updated or any other suggestion you might have to help solve it?
I couldn't find where to get the short video, but I think it may show where we now have our settings.....frustrating. Thanks

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Earl wrote:Scott, we have the controller yoke offered in the sim bundle as well as a Saitek yoke. Elevator works instantly, but alerions have large null on either yoke. (sensitivity is far right, null is full left) and flying is really difficult the slower speed, slower is the response on the control. Could there be drivers to be updated or any other suggestion you might have to help solve it?
I couldn't find where to get the short video, but I think it may show where we now have our settings.....frustrating. Thanks
Hello Earl,

sounds like you have some controller issues. I'd suggest posting in one of the tech support forums, ideally the aircraft with which you encounter it mosts forum and then we can help you troubleshoot your sim settings and help better advise on if you might want to have a dust of your kits internals or if new drivers/software might be recommended.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Earl
Airman

Post by Earl »

Thank you. I'll try that.
Earl

gpbarth
Airman First Class

Post by gpbarth »

Well, I was headed up here to get some input on sensitivity settings using FSUIPC, but I didn't think I'd run into so many people who don't use it or even understand it. One comment I have to make is that I use FSUIPC because I can set my Saitek X-55 controllers differently for each of my aircraft, from my lowly little J3 Cub to my P-51 to my PMDG 737 and 777. All of those little switches, knobs and axes can do different things in different planes.

Other than that, what I was going to ask for was suggestions on setting the sensitivity in FSUIPC for max effect with the A2A planes. Real Air suggests a setting of around 50% for the Turbine Duke, and A2A wants "full right" on the sliders. But I use FSUIPC exclusively - no FSX controller settings or Saitek controller settings - so the "fine tuning", so to speak, has to be accomplished in other ways.

Obviously, I will go to Pete Dowson's page for the definitive answers. :lol:
-= Gary =-
MSFS2020, DCS World, A2A Accu-Sim Military & Civilian P-51, Cessna 172, Comanche 250, Win 10 64-bit, I7-7700, ASUS GTX108Ti, 32Gb RAM, 2 2Tb drives.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Not sure if you'll see this response, but for A2A airplanes, the idea is that the sim experience has been calibrated for most realism (control responsiveness) with the sliders far right using the default FSX control settings.

Obviously everyone's controllers have different weight, travel, centering, etc.

If you want to tweak things, that is all a matter of preference. Personally I like to not tweak everyone plane and leave the control sensitivities mapped one way and learn to fly each aircraft by different feel. IRL each aircraft has a different feel, and while the home controllers can't do this justice this is as close as one will get for now at their desk.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

DYFLWD
Airman Basic

Post by DYFLWD »

Scott - A2A wrote:Kermit,

I only install software on my computer or flight simulator I absolutely need. So far, I've had no reason or need to use FSUIPC, so I can't really offer much advice on using it. All I can say is, you shouldn't need it for A2A aircraft.

Scott.
Scott, Do you have any multi engine jet aircraft with thrust reverse? I don't know any other way to set up reverse thrust without FSUIPC. Works great for TOGA, AP disconnect, etc. Just wondering what you use. BTW I am hooked now on A2A products, I have the 172, 182 and soon to get the comanche. I did my real world complex commercial in a 1959 250. One of the best aircraft ever built.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We do, have the 377, but it's a prop and we had to make a custom system for thrust reverse to work.

I'm glad you like the Comanche - it truly is one of the world's greatest planes ever made.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

billoo23
Airman

Post by billoo23 »

gpbarth wrote:Well, I was headed up here to get some input on sensitivity settings using FSUIPC, but I didn't think I'd run into so many people who don't use it or even understand it. One comment I have to make is that I use FSUIPC because I can set my Saitek X-55 controllers differently for each of my aircraft, from my lowly little J3 Cub to my P-51 to my PMDG 737 and 777. All of those little switches, knobs and axes can do different things in different planes.

Other than that, what I was going to ask for was suggestions on setting the sensitivity in FSUIPC for max effect with the A2A planes. Real Air suggests a setting of around 50% for the Turbine Duke, and A2A wants "full right" on the sliders. But I use FSUIPC exclusively - no FSX controller settings or Saitek controller settings - so the "fine tuning", so to speak, has to be accomplished in other ways.

I also use FSUIPC.. never used the the FSX to control..

Did you find a solution FSUIPC.. setup..
otherwise ACCUFEEL is useless for me if I can't use it with FSUIPC setting.. the A2A Cessna 172 with flaps down veers to left and gets into darn spin and recovery id impossible..in spite of full opposite rudder... with no effect...

I might be looking for a refund.. on this..

Later..

Vipan

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

billoo23 wrote:
gpbarth wrote:Well, I was headed up here to get some input on sensitivity settings using FSUIPC, but I didn't think I'd run into so many people who don't use it or even understand it. One comment I have to make is that I use FSUIPC because I can set my Saitek X-55 controllers differently for each of my aircraft, from my lowly little J3 Cub to my P-51 to my PMDG 737 and 777. All of those little switches, knobs and axes can do different things in different planes.

otherwise ACCUFEEL is useless for me if I can't use it with FSUIPC setting.. the A2A Cessna 172 with flaps down veers to left and gets into darn spin and recovery id impossible..in spite of full opposite rudder... with no effect...

Later..

Vipan
I would respectfully suggest you hang in on this as I know for an absolute certainty that whatever is causing your issue is local. I and hundreds of others don't have the issue.
Hang in, people will help you get it sorted out.
Dudley Henriques

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

billoo23 wrote:I also use FSUIPC.. never used the the FSX to control..

There's no problem whatsoever in using FSUIPC to set up controller axes. Though I haven't been using FSUIPC for long compared to many (just a month or two), setting up aileron, elevator and rudder axes for the A2A products was just as straightforward as with any other aircraft. After tinkering for a week or so with very small slope values, I finally settled on a slope of 0 for the elevator and ailerons with a slope of (I think) about 1-2 used for the rudder. These settings I apply to everything for now: not just the A2A stuff.

As far as I'm aware, this translates pretty-much to the 'full sensitivity' settings recommended if using the default FSX control sliders. I use a small null zone in each axis, but just to account for the slight wobbliness of my ageing Logitech joystick. I find the FSUIPC filtering option also helps with the latter issue.

A2A + FSUIPC = ¡no hay problema! :)
billoo23 wrote:the A2A Cessna 172 with flaps down veers to left and gets into darn spin and recovery id impossible..in spite of full opposite rudder... with no effect...
Vipan - have you checked the maintenance hangar (shift + 7) for problems like a stuck flap hinge or broken actuator causing your flaps to deploy asymmetrically?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

billoo23
Airman

Post by billoo23 »

Nick M wrote:
billoo23 wrote:I also use FSUIPC.. never used the the FSX to control..

There's no problem whatsoever in using FSUIPC to set up controller axes. Though I haven't been using FSUIPC for long compared to many (just a month or two), setting up aileron, elevator and rudder axes for the A2A products was just as straightforward as with any other aircraft. After tinkering for a week or so with very small slope values, I finally settled on a slope of 0 for the elevator and ailerons with a slope of (I think) about 1-2 used for the rudder. These settings I apply to everything for now: not just the A2A stuff.

As far as I'm aware, this translates pretty-much to the 'full sensitivity' settings recommended if using the default FSX control sliders. I use a small null zone in each axis, but just to account for the slight wobbliness of my ageing Logitech joystick. I find the FSUIPC filtering option also helps with the latter issue.

A2A + FSUIPC = ¡no hay problema! :)
billoo23 wrote:the A2A Cessna 172 with flaps down veers to left and gets into darn spin and recovery id impossible..in spite of full opposite rudder... with no effect...
Vipan - have you checked the maintenance hangar (shift + 7) for problems like a stuck flap hinge or broken actuator causing your flaps to deploy asymmetrically?

Nick
Nick,

It's a Bingo!! I just overhauled the aircraft.. and then flew couple of pattern and it works good now... what a bummer.. I hate tweaking.. like to fly more than tweaking FSX... I adjusted sensivity of Rudder also in FSUIPC.. it seems to work..

:)

Thanks Nick

Vipan

billoo23
Airman

Post by billoo23 »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
billoo23 wrote:

Later..

Vipan
I would respectfully suggest you hang in on this as I know for an absolute certainty that whatever is causing your issue is local. I and hundreds of others don't have the issue.
Hang in, people will help you get it sorted out.
Dudley Henriques
Thanks Dudley..
Nick.. helped me out there.. I had to overhaul the A2A Cessna seems the flaps was broken...
Now it works just fine.. I even adjusted the sensitivity of the rudder etc..

Like said to Nick.. I hate wasting time on tweaking.. spend more time flying.. :)

take care my friend..

Best Regards,

Vipan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I wouldn't call the hangar tweaking, but rather a key element of flying and issues will only normally occur due to flying, so treat her right and all will be well. Also don't forget those pre-flight walk around's, they will help you spot any issues like broken flaps long before you start the engine.

For when you do want to turn the realism off just use the shift + 3 menu to turn damage off.

The manual for your simulation is under your start menu >> all programs >> A2A Simulations

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

billoo23 wrote: It's a Bingo!! I just overhauled the aircraft.. and then flew couple of pattern and it works good now... what a bummer.. I hate tweaking.. like to fly more than tweaking FSX... I adjusted sensivity of Rudder also in FSUIPC.. it seems to work..

:)

Thanks Nick
You're welcome Vipan. As Lewis pointed-out, just use the "DAMAGE OFF" option in the shift + 3 menu if you don't want to worry about the Accu-Sim failure/damage modelling. (For example, exceeding speed limitations for flap deployment may have caused the issue you encountered.)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

killshot1
Airman

Post by killshot1 »

Don't have the 250,but I will. Watched the intro video and was greatly impressed
Have set my sensitivities and it sure makes a difference....much smoother !!

Killshot1

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”