Just like the old Days

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Just like the old Days

Post by bobsk8 »

I got my PPL back in 1978 in South Florida. I can clearly remember how excited I would be thinking about the next flight I would make, flying down to Key West or across the everglades to the west coast, or even up to KPBI for a $50 cup of coffee.

In the last couple of weeks, my Virtual Airline had a Tour of the Bahamas with 20 very small airports,about 100 or so miles apart, going from one to the other. My VA lets you fly any aircraft you want, and in this tour the only requirement was that the aircraft would be a single engine. I decided to start flying the A2A Comanche, which had seen very little flight time in the last year and a half. Took me awhile to polish off my Comanche skills, but pretty soon, I found that the more I flew this aircraft, the more I enjoyed flying it. The autopilot works great, the Flight 1 GTN 750 and Avliasoft EFB made finding these very small and obscure airports, a piece of cake. More than one runway I landed at was around 30-40 feet wide, and a few with tall trees at the end of a 3,000 footer. The more I flew the Comanche, the more I realized that this was one of the best and most realistic Sim aircraft I have ever flown. It handles like a dream, looks and sounds great, right from pre-flight to tie down. Throw in some PF3 ATC, and it is just about as realistic as you can get.

I only have about 3 legs of the 20 leg tour left, and I was thinking last night that I get the same level of excitement the night before I take to the skies in the Comanche, as I did 40 years ago i South Florida. Can't thank A2A enough for creating such a wonderful aircraft.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Just like the old Days

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Smashing stuff! Glad you have re-found the Comanche and enjoying it so much. Hope the sim brings you many new adventures. Your current one thats coming to an end sounds amazing, and that you have already taken the aircraft to some damn interesting and no doubt at times hair raising landings and take offs :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”