AVIONICS

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
divinglyc
Airman

Re: AVIONICS

Post by divinglyc »

Hi!Captains:
I am new to this A2A Comanche 250.
Could anyone please share a link of the manual of GNS400 GPS of A2A?
I have seen some youtube videos showing flight plan input, but when I manipulate the one of A2A, seems it's not exactly the same.
Thanks in advance.!!! :)

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The GNS 400 GPS comes with FSX. The manual is included within the FSX manual.

You can not input/edit a flight plan directly into the GNS 400 as that feature is not implemented. You will need to create a flight plan using the flight planner prior to launching the sim.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes as Oracle mentions that's the default platform GPS. You create flightplans in the flight planner for them to appear. For the advanced GPS simulations you'd be looking at one of the third party simulations such as the Flight1, Mindstar and RXP offerings. The Comanche supports integration of the Flight1 6/750, the Mindstar 4/530 and the RXP 4/530 (RXP is only FSX compatible at the time of this post).

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

divinglyc
Airman

Post by divinglyc »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

yes as Oracle mentions that's the default platform GPS. You create flightplans in the flight planner for them to appear. For the advanced GPS simulations you'd be looking at one of the third party simulations such as the Flight1, Mindstar and RXP offerings. The Comanche supports integration of the Flight1 6/750, the Mindstar 4/530 and the RXP 4/530 (RXP is only FSX compatible at the time of this post).

thanks,
Lewis
Lewis and Oracle:
Thank you so much for answering me!! Because I don't have FSX, I will try to find the manual of it....
One more question, how do I make the plane to fly by the GPS?( I mean autopilot)
I have swtiched from "Nav" to "GPS" (the switch on the left hand side of the panel), but the plane still seemed not controlled by the GPS.
Sorry for these questions and thanks a lot.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you are a P3D user you will want to refer to your P3D documentation for how to use its GPS.

thanks
Lewis

divinglyc
Airman

Post by divinglyc »

if you are a P3D user you will want to refer to your P3D documentation for how to use its GPS.

thanks
Lewis
Thanks! I will and have. :?
Maybe I will try to dig more of it. :roll:

divinglyc
Airman

Post by divinglyc »

thanks
Lewis
Hi! Lewis:

Just want to clarify something. In the plane, if I switch the NAV/GPS switch to GPS, and I have an active flight plan in GPS, and I turn on the AP master switch, is the plane supposed to fly automatically according to the GPS? Or should I adjust the direction or altitude by myself? Thanks!!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no AP will auto fly a GPS route, you will need to make sure the GPS is in the correct mode for flying a given route. I would suggest looking on the forums for how to use the STEC auto pilot, you can also check the STEC real manual as the unit is a 1:1 simulation of the actual unit. And additionally youtube videos such as this can help;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-96FkQ8LP50

thanks
Lewis

divinglyc
Airman

Post by divinglyc »

no AP will auto fly a GPS route, you will need to make sure the GPS is in the correct mode for flying a given route. I would suggest looking on the forums for how to use the STEC auto pilot, you can also check the STEC real manual as the unit is a 1:1 simulation of the actual unit. And additionally youtube videos such as this can help;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-96FkQ8LP50

thanks
Lewis
Thanks for your information on the video. He did mention the GPS and now I know how to fly it with GPS.
Thanks again!! :D

Sincerely
Iching Lee

Alex56
Airman First Class

Post by Alex56 »

Hello! Where can I watch the training video Narco COM / NAV / DME receivers MK12E-NCS812 in English or Russian? Thank you. ---This my question is no longer relevant.

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Anyone else worried about the STEC, I found this superb and brief, tutorial.

https://youtu.be/-96FkQ8LP50

For me, it makes a real nice change from autopilots where you press a button, and go off for a shower !

Makes for great variety, by requiring the pilot to babysit it. It needs a helping hand.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Alex56
Airman First Class

Post by Alex56 »

Hello! I have P3Dv3 and Comanche 250 A2A. When I press the button on the autopilot holding the altitude the aircraft begins to heavily lowering the nose with a loss of altitude of 1000-1500 feet and more. I have to disconnect the autopilot otherwise there will be a crash. Sometimes autopilot himself is heavily leveled, but he does not hold the altitude at which I have included the retention of altitude. On a real aircraft this can not be. Why is this happening? The autopilot on the default Bonanza A36 in P3Dv3 works correctly. I attached the recorded file to the message in the format fsr, but it d`not loaded. :( This text was translated by an auto-translator. Sorry if something is not right. Thank you.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Alex56 wrote:Hello! I have P3Dv3 and Comanche 250 A2A. When I press the button on the autopilot holding the altitude the aircraft begins to heavily lowering the nose with a loss of altitude of 1000-1500 feet and more. I have to disconnect the autopilot otherwise there will be a crash. Sometimes autopilot himself is heavily leveled, but he does not hold the altitude at which I have included the retention of altitude. On a real aircraft this can not be. Why is this happening? The autopilot on the default Bonanza A36 in P3Dv3 works correctly. I attached the recorded file to the message in the format fsr, but it d`not loaded. :( This text was translated by an auto-translator. Sorry if something is not right. Thank you.
Hello Alex,

if you post in a new thread with as much details as you can about your issue we can better help you.

thanks,
Lewis

Alex56
Airman First Class

Post by Alex56 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Alex56 wrote:Hello! I have P3Dv3 and Comanche 250 A2A. When I press the button on the autopilot holding the altitude the aircraft begins to heavily lowering the nose with a loss of altitude of 1000-1500 feet and more. I have to disconnect the autopilot otherwise there will be a crash. Sometimes autopilot himself is heavily leveled, but he does not hold the altitude at which I have included the retention of altitude. On a real aircraft this can not be. Why is this happening? The autopilot on the default Bonanza A36 in P3Dv3 works correctly. I attached the recorded file to the message in the format fsr, but it d`not loaded. :( This text was translated by an auto-translator. Sorry if something is not right. Thank you.
Hello Alex,

if you post in a new thread with as much details as you can about your issue we can better help you.

thanks,
Lewis
I will try. The engine RPM = 2300-2400. Altitude about 3000' or others. Trimmer for height stabilization. 1). I turn on the autopilot: autopilot in RDY mode. 2). I turn on the HD mode: the autopilot is holding the direction well. 3). I press the ALT ENG\DISENG button: the aircraft begins nosedive with a loss of altitude of 1000-1500 feet and more. I have to turn off the autopilot, otherwise there will be a crash. Sometimes autopilot himself is heavily leveled, but it does not hold the altitude at which I have included the retention of altitude. In the beginning, when I installed the Comanche 250 A2A, when the autopilot was switched to the ALT ENG\DISENG mode, the aircraft lowered its nose slightly, but immediately it was leveled and held the altitude. I do not know much English and can not find in the instructions on P3Dv3 how to remake the recorded file in avi format. I could show you the video. The fsr file does not load to the message. Can I send the fsr file to another address that you write? I tried to play the recorded fsr file, but it does not play. Maybe you can see it? Its size is 56 Mb. Thank you, Aleksandr.

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Alex56 wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:
Hello Alex,

thanks,
Lewis
I will try. The engine RPM = 2300-2400. Altitude about 3000' or others. Trimmer for height stabilization. 1). I turn on the autopilot: autopilot in RDY mode. 2). I turn on the HD mode: the autopilot is holding the direction well. 3). I press the ALT ENG\DISENG button: the aircraft begins nosedive with a loss of altitude of 1000-1500 feet and more. I have to turn off the autopilot, otherwise there will be a crash. Sometimes autopilot himself is heavily leveled, but it does not hold the altitude at which I have included the retention of altitude. In the beginning, when I installed the Comanche 250 A2A, when the autopilot was switched to the ALT ENG\DISENG mode, the aircraft lowered its nose slightly, but immediately it was leveled and held the altitude. I do not know much English and can not find in the instructions on P3Dv3 how to remake the recorded file in avi format. I could show you the video. The fsr file does not load to the message. Can I send the fsr file to another address that you write? I tried to play the recorded fsr file, but it does not play. Maybe you can see it? Its size is 56 Mb. Thank you, Aleksandr.
Hi Alex,

Recently I had a very similar issue - root cause - my joystick has mechanical trim wheels for both the X and Y axis - I had bumped the Y trim wheel out of its detent (center) and didn't notice - so I started having massive altitude excursions when turning the AP Alt Hold "on" or "off" - once I centered the Y axis in the detent the problem went away... Just something to check - perhaps recalibrate your joystick if you don't have mechanical axis trim wheels ???

My Post on the subject:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 25&t=61886

Regards,
Scott

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”