AVIONICS

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
Pidder
Airman

Re: Piper Comanche 250 Avionics INFO and MANUALS

Post by Pidder »

Small problem in the manual (A2A_Comanche250_Pilot's_Manual_P3D-pdf) on side 78:

the link to the autopilot-manual has a missmatch:

http://.a2asimulations.com/downloads/manuals/STEC%2020-30-30alt.pdf

It will only work after removing the point behind the two slashes:

http://a2asimulations.com/downloads/man ... -30alt.pdf

Maybe something to change here. :wink:
Always three greens,
Markus
...visit Flusi.info!

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Re: AVIONICS

Post by YoYo »

Thank You for this manuals, it helps a lot (autopilot)!
http://yoyosims.pl/
W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2, VR fly only

Manuel_Schlachter
Airman Basic

Post by Manuel_Schlachter »

Hi guys!

Just bought P3D and of course, what plane would be better to fly for the next weeks than the brand new and sublime A2A comanche. Now that I saw the 750 GPS from Flight 1, I'd really love to add this to the airplane, however the Flight 1 website states that it is FSX only. Does that mean that only people with the FSX version of the Comanche can add the 750?

I bought the P3D academic version btw.

Either way, thanks for this splendid aircraft.

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

Hi,

The P3D version of the GTN unit is available at their "professional" site: http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/Avi ... 1TGTN.aspx.

Tym

zachenbacher
Airman First Class

Post by zachenbacher »

Hey guys,

who can explain what the white lamp left of the outer marker/middle marker lamps is good for? It's labbeld FM Z. What's that? :?:

Thanks!

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

Someone plz correct me if I am wrong - but I believe the FM/Z is for Fan Marker / Z marker. But it was used for an airway marker, which are now "history".

It's possible you'll hear marker beacons referred to as fan markers. In FSX you will see the FM/Z white light up when passing over the Inner Marker (IM) - it's also used for those.

So, FM/Z is an older designation - another example (besides in the Comanche) can be found in the KR22 Marker Beacon. Another designation you will see instead of FM/Z is "A" (Airway) - an example in the KMA 20 (which uses: A O M).

-Rob
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

zachenbacher
Airman First Class

Post by zachenbacher »

Rob, thanks for your reply! Sounds plausible! :D

Billscpap
Airman Basic

Post by Billscpap »

I have tried to retrieve the 3 manuals on page 78 of the pilots manual, and have not had a lot of luck. I did remove the dot as suggested, but it still came back as "FORBIDDEN". Where else can I download this info?

Along the same avionics issues, I've changed some of the different GPS units, but, can only get one to work? While the rest show up in the cockpit, they don't work. Of note, the GPS/NAV switch shows "INOP" on a piece of tape where the GPS is normally labeled?

BTW, this is my new favorite plane! Best most realistic one ever!

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

hyperlinks in the manual are a little messed up, clicking will lead to a directory without director listing enabled.

You can copy and paste the text from the manual in your browser removing the dot, so these will work:

http://a2asimulations.com/downloads/man ... -30alt.pdf

http://a2asimulations.com/downloads/manuals/ADF841.pdf

http://a2asimulations.com/downloads/man ... Manual.pdf

Links are also in the first post of this thread.

Regards
Jens
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Billscpap
Airman Basic

Post by Billscpap »

Most excellent! Thank you.

piperpilot
Airman

Post by piperpilot »

How do I set the autopilot to track the flightplan in the gtn 750? thanks for help!!

zachenbacher
Airman First Class

Post by zachenbacher »

Hey guys,

I've read the NARCO manuals but I'm still confused with the hold functions of the NAV1. Could anybody explain how they work and what they are good for? Maybe a stupid question - sorry!

Thanks in advance!
Denis

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Denis,

Rob 'Great Ozzie' Osborne explains it here. The DME is normally tuned by selecting a VHF frequency on the NAV1 radio. This instructs the DME transceiver (which is actually a separate bit of kit) to transmit to the ground station using a 'paired' UHF frequency. However, the DME hold function temporarily prevents the DME transceiver from having its frequency altered by the NAV1 radio, until the DME function knob is placed back in the 'FRQ' or 'TTS' position.

What this means in practice is that if you tune the NAV1 radio to show a DME readout for navaid A, then switch to the 'HLD' position and tune it to navaid B instead, the distance to navaid A will still be shown. (If you switch to 'HLD FRQ' instead, the frequency of navaid A will be displayed instead of its distance from you.)

Cheers,
Nick

...Edited 4 Nov to try and improve clarity.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

I was looking at the Commanche and the Piper but am getting scared off by the Autopilot as I use that a lot on the C172. I see it is much different in these two planes than the A2A C172 that I have, and of course the default.

Is there an option to swap in the Bendix King AP from the C172 in the Piper or Commanche ? Nothing that I can find indicates this so I am assuming no but I thought I'd ask.

To be honest I am *very* scared of this autopilot. Reading posts above this one also scare me a great deal.

I had enough trouble with the C172 one, not to mention those real manuals, because I was used to the default FSX one. The one here does not seem to have an APR mode or anything like that. I'm sure ILS is still possible with the track mode I think it is. I am just scared if I get either the Cherokee of the Commanche that it will be frustrating and it will just sit in the hangar which would be a shame.

I know people are going to say "you will get used to it" and "it's not that hard" I understand that, it might not be hard for you maybe :shock: :) and yes there are youtube tutorials out there as well. I have watched some of those already.

So is there a way to swap this out and use the Bendix King from the C172 ?

I understand this defeats the purpose of the modelling but I feel it might be a good option for people trying to ease into this new kind of AP. I also understand people want a different experience with a different plane hence the Cherokee and the Commanche's AP. Completely understandable.....but...........can I still use the Bendix King from the C172 instead ? Is there a way ?

This of course opens up a can of worms because the Bendix King AP is probably not modelled on these two aircraft.

Thanks in advance.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I don't think there is a way to swap the autopilots, they apparently are rather integrated into the simulated airplanes. Built into them, so to say.

The S-TEC System 30 is actually simpler to use than the KAP 140 found in the Cessnas, but it notably lacks certain automated tasks many take for granted in the sim world (automatic trim, interception of NAV courses, vertical speed and altitude acquiring modes and glideslope tracking to name a few).

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”