C182 restarting in mid-flight

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gridley
Airman

C182 restarting in mid-flight

Post by gridley »

Hi all,
Issue popped up today for the first time. I've been flying this plane without issue for a few months. I just applied the most recent update that added rain effects etc.

I take off and everything seems to be working fine, then I get airborne and every few minutes into the flight, the engine shuts off, avionics restart (maybe just the autopilot?), some reloading of VC textures, but then after the restart, everything is okay except for some reloading of textures. It's like the internal systems of the plane are rebooting.

Some possible confounding info, I just installed FSAerodata and updated the AIRAC from Navigraph. Not sure if that can be related. Also, this happened on two consecutive flights with a reboot in between, but I haven't replicated beyond that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
sg
[email protected], 32gb RAM, EVGA GTX1080 w/8GB vram, Win10, RiftS, P3Dv5.1.1. . .

gridley
Airman

Re: C182 restarting in mid-flight

Post by gridley »

Hi -
I've now repeated this multiple times. Here's a video of what I'm seeing. Skip to 6:30 until the end to see exactly the issue. I've left the preflight on the vid in case I'm doing something wrong up front!
https://youtu.be/Nwz0l5Cb6aM

I'm running P3D v4.4, latest active sky, track IR (but i've seen the same in VR with rift). Bunch of other addon scenery, but here flying out of Orbx L05. I start the sim with a default flight saved in the default cub, shut the engine off, then load the C182. I have not had any issues with any other planes (default cub, VERTX DA62, etc.).

I'm also going to try with C172 to see if it's just this plane or other A2A or addon aircraft.

Let me know if you need more info to help me out.

Thanks!
sg
[email protected], 32gb RAM, EVGA GTX1080 w/8GB vram, Win10, RiftS, P3Dv5.1.1. . .

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Scott,

Yes, it sure looks like something is forcing the aircraft to reload in flight. Do you have any buttons/keys assigned to the "reload user object" function in P3D (or its equivalent in FSUIPC if you use this software?)

Thanks,
Nick

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

No buttons assigned to reload user object. (EDIT or within FSUIPC which I do use)

Just did an identical flight in the A2A 172 with no issues...

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

Sent you a PM. Let me know if I can help in any way!

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

Just a quick update - I did an "uninstall/reinstall" for the 182 and the issue seems to be resolved whatever it was.

Thanks!
sg

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Scott. Perhaps one or more of the installed files had become corrupted, but this is the first time I recall this issue being reported, so we may never know.

Anyway, please let us know if the problem returns.

Regards,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”