C182 not working properly

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
THibben
Staff Sergeant

C182 not working properly

Post by THibben »

My C-182 is not working properly. When I select the radios the autopilot automatically is on and controlling the aircraft. The only way I can disconnect is to turn off the radios. Every time I go to the maintenance hanger it has faults. If I fix them all and save, it indicates everything is fine. Then leave the maintenance hanger and come back and the faults are still there.

I totally uninstalled the plane and then reinstalled. I then go to the maintenance hanger the faults are there again. I did delete reference to the plane in the A2A directory and as listed under sim objects.

Is there a fix to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C182 not working properly

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Tom,

There's a chance this could just be an problem with the way that the C182 is being loaded in FSX. When you first launch the program, which aircraft first appears spinning around in the 'Free Flight' screen? It's important that's it's one of the default aircraft, and not a complex add-on aircraft.

If this isn't the issue, something else you could try is repairing the SimConnect installation as described in the FAQ thread.
- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer
If this isn't successful either, please can you let us know any changes you've made to your FSX installation recently which may coincide with this problem occurring.

Thanks,
Nick

CessnaSkypilotN7365W
Senior Airman

Re: C182 not working properly

Post by CessnaSkypilotN7365W »

Just as a note, my 182 is always spinning around in the "Free Flight" screen in FSX. Gold Edition, Windows 10 Pro.

Good luck though :)

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”