Altitude and Gauge barometric pressure

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
davidbou
Airman

Altitude and Gauge barometric pressure

Post by davidbou »

Hi, I am NOT a real world pilot so forgive me if I have missed something obvious, I have been flight sim fan for a long time and have used A2A aircraft a great deal because of the reality side of it. Just recently I noticed that I would set the pressure on the altimeter but I set my autopilot for 8000 feet but it showed I was around 400 or 500 feet low on my altimeter. After checking things I finally noticed the Barometric button on the autopilot and noticed it was not the same as what I set on my altimeter.is this a bug or do I need to set the pressure in both the altimeter and the autopilot and is this the way it works in real world operations. Never noticed any problem before with reaching my set altitude.

Thanks for any help

David Boudreau

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Altitude and Gauge barometric pressure

Post by Oracle427 »

This is the way it works in the real aircraft. On a G1000/KAP140 equipped 182T you will need to set the Barometric pressure 3 times. On the G1000, on the standby altimeter and on the KAP140.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

davidbou
Airman

Re: Altitude and Gauge barometric pressure

Post by davidbou »

Thanks for the reply, I have been flying the A2A 182T almost from the time it was released it must have been automated before because I have never seen this before at least the last update or 2.

Thanks again.

David.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”