Nose steering problem C182 under V4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Steve_012
Airman Basic

Nose steering problem C182 under V4

Post by Steve_012 »

Hello,

I installed the actual C182 in my Prepar3d V4.3 sim. After having no chance to steer the plane on ground I googled and found some hints but no solution for me.

Checked if the newest version is installed - yes. No Ezdoc is used. Just Chaseplane.

Anybody else having these problems and may offer a solution?

Regards

Lutz

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Nose steering problem C182 under V4

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Lutz - welcome to the forums.

Please can you let us know if this is a brand new install of the product into P3Dv4 with a copy of the installer you purchased/downloaded recently?

Also, do you have any other Accu-Sim products installed in P3Dv4?

Thanks,
Nick

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Steve_012 wrote:Hello,

I installed the actual C182 in my Prepar3d V4.3 sim. After having no chance to steer the plane on ground I googled and found some hints but no solution for me.

Checked if the newest version is installed - yes. No Ezdoc is used. Just Chaseplane.

Regards

Lutz
Hi Lutz,

I use the Skylane all the time with CP - are you using differential braking to help steer the aircraft ? It needs it...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve_012
Airman Basic

Post by Steve_012 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Lutz - welcome to the forums.

Please can you let us know if this is a brand new install of the product into P3Dv4 with a copy of the installer you purchased/downloaded recently?

Also, do you have any other Accu-Sim products installed in P3Dv4?

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick

It's a brand new installation with the newest file. And I have no other A2a software

Lutz

Steve_012
Airman Basic

Post by Steve_012 »

scottb613 wrote:
Steve_012 wrote:Hello,

Regards

Lutz
Hi Lutz,

I use the Skylane all the time with CP - are you using differential braking to help steer the aircraft ? It needs it...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi Scott

I have to use the diff brakes

Lutz

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Lutz,

Just to clarify, do you mean that the 182 doesn't steer at all when you use just the rudder pedals at slow taxi speeds? Nosewheel steering isn't terribly responsive or direct in the Cessnas because a bungee cord rather than a direct mechanical linkage is used between the rudder assembly and the nosewheel. In other words, the nosewheel deflection isn't directly linked to the rudder deflection as with most FS aircraft.

Thanks,
Nick

Steve_012
Airman Basic

Post by Steve_012 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Thanks Lutz,

Just to clarify, do you mean that the 182 doesn't steer at all when you use just the rudder pedals at slow taxi speeds? Nosewheel steering isn't terribly responsive or direct in the Cessnas because a bungee cord rather than a direct mechanical linkage is used between the rudder assembly and the nosewheel. In other words, the nosewheel deflection isn't directly linked to the rudder deflection as with most FS aircraft.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick

While slow taxiing and also acceleration I can't steer at all.. While taxiing I can't follow the taxi way line.

Regards

Lutz

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks.

Did you download the installer from the A2A store or elsewhere? Actually, please can you confirm the installed version number in the Windows "apps & features" or "uninstall or change a program" window? It should show 18.4.22.0.

The same version number can also be verified in the file properties of the installer .exe file itself.

Regards,
Nick

Steve_012
Airman Basic

Post by Steve_012 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Okay, thanks.

Did you download the installer from the A2A store or elsewhere? Actually, please can you confirm the installed version number in the Windows "apps & features" or "uninstall or change a program" window? It should show 18.4.22.0.

The same version number can also be verified in the file properties of the installer .exe file itself.

Regards,
Nick
Hi Nick,

yes - I used the version 18.4.22.0. I will do a complete new Win7 installation and will see what will happen then. Keep it posted.

Regards

Lutz

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Lutz,

That sounds pretty drastic but should definitely sort out any issue with leftover files. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,
Nick

sigma1958
Airman Basic

Post by sigma1958 »

I have the same problem I have a new install of Windows 10 and P3D v4. The nose wheel dos move but very little when the plane is moving when the plane comes to a stop the nose wheel moves over, but as soon as the plane starts moving again the nose wheel goes to straight forward position again.
I downloaded the installer from the offline store as my orders do not show in the new store. After I decompressed the installer it says file version : 1.0.0.0 change date : 06.13.2017.
My Order number is : #94563

regards from
Widar

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Widar,

Please see this pinned thread for information on how to transfer your old A2A purchases to our new web store. Once you've done this, downloading the new installer and then performing a clean install as described here should resolve this issue.

However, if you do require further assistance, please can you start a new thread in this forum so that we're better able to track progress with the issue.

Thanks,
Nick

oldboy43
Airman Basic

Post by oldboy43 »

I have the problem. I have Windows 10, Prepar3D v4.4 on my new PC. I can not control the taxi direction of my aircraft's on land. Fully released pedals, and the aircraft is only very small, almost straight ahead.
Another problem is with my accont. I can not find my shopping from the day 22.2.2017 182 Skylane I can not find my shopping from the day 22.2.2017 182 Skylane buyout number 8609898229 at the price of 49.99, - $. That's why I do not even know how to download a new installer.
Thanks for help.
Sincerely,
Karoly alias oldboy43

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Karoly - welcome to the A2A forums.

We migrated to a new store system last year, so it sounds like you may just need to fill in a short Google form to transfer your purchase to an account on the new store. To do this, please can you follow the steps in this pinned post. All you'll need to know is the email address you used for the original purchase.

Once your account has been transferred, if you download the new installer and use it to make a clean install of the 182, the unresponsive steering (caused by a change Lockheed Martin made between P3Dv4.0 and 4.1) should be fixed.

Thanks,
Nick

oldboy43
Airman Basic

Post by oldboy43 »

Thanks you Nick
Cheers
Karoly

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”