Quick radio panel doesn’t pop up

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
frangarcia
Airman

Quick radio panel doesn’t pop up

Post by frangarcia »

I have FSX-STEAM with Windows 10 and C182. The airplane works fine and I’m very satisfied, but the problem is that I have a setup a little complicated. I have two monitors: The upper one displays the external view, and the lower one displays a lot of windows: the “Instrument view” window, the GPS, the “Quick Radios” panel and other programs.

This set up gives me some problems from time to time. When I finish my flight, I have to carefully close all windows before saving the flight, and next day I have to open them again and put in place. This doesn’t bother me. But last day I forgot to close the Quick radio panel, and now the simulator doesn’t work (when I load the C182).

When I start the flight, the simulator tries to open the Quick radio panel, and then the pointer of windows (the small white arrow) blinks all time, together with the small blue circle that means “wait”. The program is almost paralyzed, and I can’t do anything.

I remember that I had the same problem one year ago, more or less. I solved it, but now I can’t find again the solution. Maybe I could delete some kind of .INI or .CFG file, in order to revert the simulator to a “fresh” state, rather than trying to show the windows that where opened last time.

Any idea?

Edit: I finally solved the problem by clicking in the panels in a certain order. It seems that this was a problem exclusively of my computer, graphic card and special configuration.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”