FSUIPC5, Yoko, Ruddo, TQ6

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
brohde
Airman Basic

FSUIPC5, Yoko, Ruddo, TQ6

Post by brohde »

I have a problem with the 172 and 182...
New install of P3Dv4, clean install of FSUIPC5, clean install of VF - test and calibrate. All hardware works fine, calibrated, and all of the stock aircraft with P3D work fine.

Install A2A 172 & 182 models and things get weird. The controls in the aircraft don't move in the sim, but the aircraft when airborne reponds to the controls but very little. You have to go all the way to the extreams to get movement. The throttle, prop, and mixture are not mapped correct at all. They don't work, some of them move the rudder!!

I'm new to P3D so I don't know which files to attache.... I'm taking a stab at it...

Thanks in advance!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: FSUIPC5, Yoko, Ruddo, TQ6

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you take the add on FSUIPC out of the equation do things work for you?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mokeiko
Airman

Post by mokeiko »

Hi Brohde,

I have the TQ6 and using the latest version of FSUIPC. I am not using the software that came with the TQ6 and that might be your problem. You either use one or the other to control the TQ6.

When you plug in the TQ6 for the first time, P3d will automatically assign the axis for your 6 levers. Go into the axis settings and delete all the assignments. Then, use FSUIPC to assign the 6 levers to the axis of your choice. Hope this helps.

fly safe

Francisco
Francisco Blas
Windows10 64-bit 1909 | ASUS Hero WiFi Z490 | I9-10900K | G.Skill DDR4 64GB | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 | Corsair H150i Pro AIO | Corsair AX1200i | Phanteks Evolve X | Asus ROG Swift G-SYNC 34-inch | Brunner CLS-E | MFG Crosswind | Virtual-Fly TQ6

brohde
Airman Basic

Post by brohde »

Thanks for the input! And it led me to the solution... So for any one using Ruddo, TQ6, and Yoko, do the following.

Install P3D
Install FSUIPC5.
The controllers come with a driver that adds range to the controls. Its called VF-Test&Calibrate.exe. Once you have it installed and calibrated, you launch it before you start P3D.

Turn the controllers off in P3D under, Options, Controllers, Other, at the bottom of the page, uncheck "Enable Controllers".

Now all of the controls work great on all of the aircraft that come with P3D with no tweaking.

On the A2A models, you have to RTFM and use the FSUIPC tool setup all of the Axis, throttles, props, and mixture! You can make a separate profile for each aircraft...

Super happy with this setup... the only thing that is missing now is G's and feedback from the wind on the controls. This is real close to the real thing...

Thanks!
Bruce

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”