C182 going haywire upon loading (P3Dv4)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
IGrant
Airman Basic

C182 going haywire upon loading (P3Dv4)

Post by IGrant »

When I load up my A2A C182 now, it starts bouncing around on the ground and the view point goes out of control. It also causes P3Dv4 (academic) to lag extremely bad and is accompanied by the sound of static. I always load my flights from the default F22 flight. I have several hours in the C182 and it just started doing this out of no where. I can't recall if it had flown it successfully after updating to 4.3 or not as I didn't fly the Skylane for a month or two around the time of the update. Every other aircraft works fine and if I load an aircraft after the 182 it seems to load fine but the lag persists and ChasePlane remains unresponsive.

I've been trying to fix it for weeks now and I'm finally out of ideas. Here's where I'm at with it:
-I've tried multiple loading scenarios such as loading other aircraft first including loading the default flight as it and then switching to the 182. No luck.
-I've reinstalled the Accu-Sim core and ensured I was up to date.
-I ran the updater to make sure the 182 was up to date.
-I uninstalled and reinstalled the 182 and the problem persists.
-I've tried with no peripheral programs running (Active Sky and ChasePlane)
-I repaired and installed SimConnect
-I've gone to back up log.dat files
-I deleted axisConfig.cfg to see if it had any effect on the following:
-I've chased the spoiler issue I read about here. Okay, so here is where I do find an anomaly. I have nothing assigned to spoilers at all. Not through P3D or FSUIPC. I've checked and rechecked this. I did notice that when I page through the calibration pages in FSUIPC that the spoiler axis is showing a really weird input of something like -339313... (it fills the entire text window in the interface). All of my other aircraft show 0 here if I've not assigned a spoiler. I even loaded an aircraft with no spoiler assignments and confirmed that the input was showing 0. I then loaded the 182 and it immediately began doing its break dancing routine on the runway and FSUIPC calibration was suddenly showing the weird input again.

I am at a complete loss here now. I feel like I've tried everything and I just cannot fix this. I don't even know where to go from here outside of doing a complete sim reinstall and as much as I love the C182, I'm just not willing to do that just to fix one glitchy airplane.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C182 going haywire upon loading (P3Dv4)

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello IGrant,

Sorry to hear you've been having problems and thanks for the comprehensive info.

Sounds like you're still using the old 182 installer for P3D so the first thing I'd suggest is that you download the new installer (more info here), then do a clean uninstall of the 182 (removing any leftover files in "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons") before reinstalling with the new installer.

Assuming this doesn't fix the issue, here are two further steps for you to try to identify what's behind the issue.
  1. Completely disable FSUIPC5 before starting P3D and loading the 182. The easiest way to do this is just to temporarily drag the FSUIPC5.dll into a different folder. If this prevents the issue, at least we know for sure that it's related to FSUIPC, so we can troubleshoot further.
  2. If disabling FSUIPC makes no difference, please try moving all the files in "Documents\A2A\Cessna182\FSX" into a different back up folder and then start the sim which will allow the 182 to generate a brand new .dat file. This will indicate if some corruption to the .dat file is behind the behaviour you're experiencing.
Thanks,
Nick

IGrant
Airman Basic

Post by IGrant »

Well, good news and bad news-

Good news:
I reinstalled the aircraft (again) but this time I removed all trace of it before I reinstalled and started up the sim. I deleted all of the C182 folders from the Documents/A2A folder and their associated dat files. I do still have a back up dat for the aircraft but more on that in a minute. The aircraft now works again and I can finally fly it again! It is my favorite cross country G/A plane- even over the PA-24 which is stunning in its own right of course.

Bad news:
In addition to reinstalling the aircraft I also deleted the C182 FSUIPC profile I had created from the fsuipc.ini file. The reason this is bad news is because I can't be sure which action solved the problem. A note on this however: Part of my previous trouble shooting had included trying to use a C-182 livery that wasn't assigned an FSUIPC profile but that was to no avail obviously. So I'm not positive that deleting the FSUIPC profile had much to do with it but it is certainly something worth trying if anyone else comes across this issue.

More about the log dat file now. I did back up my log.dat file as I really like the continuity A2A offers and it's fun to accumulate hours. With that said, I am EXTREMELY hesitant to try and revert back to my previous dat file. Now that it's working, I'm content to leave well enough alone! I just hit 'used' and ended up with 921.4 on the clock so I'm just going to say I was using a loader plane before and now I've found a nice low hour one to make my own :D

I appreciate the quick reply, Nick. Seems it was definitely something with either the dat or FSUIPC as you suspected.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good to hear you're back in action, whatever the culprit was in this case. If you have backed-up .dat files, you should be able to swap them around without too much trouble, but if you're happy with your current installation, that's fine. Thanks for posting the update.

Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”