C182 Beacon light not functioning

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Signalman7500
Airman

C182 Beacon light not functioning

Post by Signalman7500 »

FSX/SP2 boxed version.

Prior to takeoff I switched on my beacon light on the Skylane. After reaching cruise altititude, I changed to spot view and noticed that the beacon light was not lit/working. I checked my strobe and nav lights and they were working properly. All circuit breakers were "on".

After landing. I googled the above issue. The only related information I found was that this specific problem had been an issue with the Prepar3d version of the 182. Since I have the boxed edition of FSX this did not apply to me, specifically. Another individual with this problem stated that he corrected it by insuring that the "special effects" option in the FSX Settings menu was set to "medium". I checked and I already had it set to medium.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: C182 Beacon light not functioning

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Have you installed the latest update found here ?

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Signalman7500
Airman

Post by Signalman7500 »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi,

Have you installed the latest update found here ?

Cheerz,
Will

Yes, shortly after purchasing and installing the Skylane.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bob,

Please can you confirm if the beacon worked again after you restarted a new flight?

Also, do you use any add-ons which may affect aircraft lighting effects? Products such as the DX10 scenery fixer and SPAI are two that immediately come to mind.

Thanks,
Nick

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Does the C182 have a extra circuit breaker for the beacon or is there only one for all the lights? Did you check if the circuit beaker popped in the cockpit?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Signalman7500
Airman

Post by Signalman7500 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi Bob,

Please can you confirm if the beacon worked again after you restarted a new flight?

Also, do you use any add-ons which may affect aircraft lighting effects? Products such as the DX10 scenery fixer and SPAI are two that immediately come to mind.

Thanks,
Nick
Nick,

Just fired up the Skylane and the beacon is still not working. I also just noticed that while the red/green nav lights on the wings are functioning, the white light on the tail isn't.

I'm not using now, nor have I ever used, the DX10 option in FSX and I'm not using SPAI.

Off the top of my head, the add-ons I'm currently using are UTX/GEX for N. America, Active Sky Next, Rex Soft Clouds, Radar Contact, Ultimate Traffic 2, FS Real Time.

I'll keep working on it.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Bob.

Unless you've already resolved this, it might be worth just clicking on all the circuit breaker in the cockpit to confirm that one of them hasn't tripped. However, unlike the Comanche, there isn't a separate CB for the beacon.

Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just to confirm also that a new flight is an entirely new flight from GUI, not a saved flight and also that your default flight isnt using a complex simulation but a default platform aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Signalman7500
Airman

Post by Signalman7500 »

I haven't responded to this post in a long while but just to update and see if someone migh have a new idea:

FSX boxed version with SP2. (Not Steam Edition).

Beacon light is still not functioning on A2A C182 (nor on the A2A Cherokee 180)

1. All other exterior lights (Nav, Strobe, Landing lts, taxi lt,) are functioning properly.
2. All circuit breakers are "on"
3. I have the latest update from A2A installed in both the 182 and the Cherokee.
4. My saved, default flight is the stock FSX 172 parked at KCMA.
5. Not using DX10 mode.
6. Using the Flight ! Garmin GTN-750 installed in the panel.

Everything else is working correctly.
I'm wondering if the problem is related to my copy of FSX being from the boxed version?

Thanks to all in advance.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”