A2A RAdio Problem: Cannot Switch between Acttive and Standby

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
RodBorza
Airman

A2A RAdio Problem: Cannot Switch between Acttive and Standby

Post by RodBorza »

Hello All,

Since I've installed P3D V4.3 I'm having this annoying problem: everytime I right click or drag with the mouse, the application freezes. If I have to right click any button, or move any lever, the sim stops, although I can hear the sound.
One way around it is to click outside the application, and then the action is done, and the sim unfreezes.
And I found out that I cannot change the radio frequency from the standby window to active window. But, this case is different: the sim freezes, I click outside the application, but the action is not completed. The frequencies stay where they are.

I've uninstalled my add-ons and P3D, reinstalled a clean install, tested it, reinstalled my add-ons, tested it, and no matter if I have add-ons or not, the problem continues.

I know many people says it is a Windows 10 problem, not related to A2A or P3D, but does anyone have an idea on how to solve this? It makes the sim unplayable.

Thanks.

Rod.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A2A RAdio Problem: Cannot Switch between Acttive and Sta

Post by Nick - A2A »

RodBorza wrote:And I found out that I cannot change the radio frequency from the standby window to active window. But, this case is different: the sim freezes, I click outside the application, but the action is not completed. The frequencies stay where they are.

I've uninstalled my add-ons and P3D, reinstalled a clean install, tested it, reinstalled my add-ons, tested it, and no matter if I have add-ons or not, the problem continues.
Hi Rod,

Please can you just clarify if the behaviour you're describing is happening with default aircraft after the clean P3D install?

Thanks,
Nick

RodBorza
Airman

Post by RodBorza »

Nick - A2A wrote:
RodBorza wrote:And I found out that I cannot change the radio frequency from the standby window to active window. But, this case is different: the sim freezes, I click outside the application, but the action is not completed. The frequencies stay where they are.

Hi Rod,

Please can you just clarify if the behaviour you're describing is happening with default aircraft after the clean P3D install?

Thanks,
Nick
Nick,

The behavior was like this:
Default aircraft: right mouse click, levers - application freeze. Radios ok.
A2A aircraft: all of the above, plus the radio problem.

However, as I tested the P3D V4.3 again today, it seems to have "magically" healed itself.
What I did differently was installing all of my A2A aircraft for P3D V3.

I had given up using v4.3 because it was unplayable and decided to use v3 until some patch was released.
I don't know if it was some kind of redistributable that was missing or something, but after installing the C172, the C182, the T-6 and the Connie for v3, all aircraft, including A2A's started working properly in v4.3. Strange, but it is working now.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Rod.

That's rather odd as the two version of P3D are totally separate. However, good to hear that your issue is sorted anyway. :)

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”