182 Nose Wheel Steering

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

182 Nose Wheel Steering

Post by B-17 Flier »

Hi, I just reinstalled all my A2A planes, and I have a question about the NWS on the 182. When I taxi with my new rudder pedals I don't seem to get as much nose wheel deflection as I remember, and it doesn't turn too far to the left or right as the Cherokee or Comanche.

Is this by design? Because I use the same settings for the Cherokee and Comanche and I can see the nose wheel move quite a bit, but the only way to get the 182's nose wheel to move like they do is if I use toe brakes, then it'll move full left and right.

I am betting this is a design feature in the real 182? Or is there something wrong?

Thanks.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: 182 Nose Wheel Steering

Post by Oracle427 »

Just like real life. The steering linkages on the 172 and 182 have bungees that do not allow the rudder pedals to command full reflection of the nose wheel.

The only way to do this is by tightening the turn with a little brake input.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Re: 182 Nose Wheel Steering

Post by B-17 Flier »

Oracle427 wrote:Just like real life. The steering linkages on the 172 and 182 have bungees that do not allow the rudder pedals to command full reflection of the nose wheel.

The only way to do this is by tightening the turn with a little brake input.
Brilliant! THIS is why I love A2A so much. #1, support, and #2 reality. You guys really know how to make everything work as in real life. I worked jets all my life not small planes so I know a lot about nose wheel steering but not on light planes. Appreciate this very much!

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”