Patchs and Updates To The C182 For P3d v4.2

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Patchs and Updates To The C182 For P3d v4.2

Post by Oracle427 »

Fingers crossed. This was not an easy fix for me with my audio issues, but it was related to Realtek for me. Completely different machines, but worth a try.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

williammccracken
Airman

Post by williammccracken »

Oracle427,

The Realtek drivers only changed the sound from what I called a clanging sound to a static sound. I'm still looking for the Sound Blaster drivers. The ones I found and downloaded said they couldn't fine the device for these drivers. I guessed they are the wrong drivers. Still looking. I'll let everyone know when I find them.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

BTW R2.82 Realtek drivers.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bill,

If there's been a tangible change in the sound effects after updating the RealTek driver, it suggests you're on the right lines. :)

For the SoundBlaster Audigy FX drivers, have you tried these? http://support.creative.com/Products/Pr ... +Audigy+Fx.

The date listed is older than your current driver version going from the dxdiag.txt, but it's always possible that something like a Windows update has installed a more recent but less suitable driver.

If this doesn't work, I'd suggest you do as Oracle suggested and enter your Dell Support Tag on the relevant section of their website to see if that provides alternative drivers for your SoundBlaster card. http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ ... pp=drivers

Also, please don't forget to try what molleh suggested on the previous page.

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

The description in Device manager is "Sound Blaster Audio Controller."

Driver Provider: Creative
Driver Date: 6/19/17
Driver version: 6.0.105 8

Nick,

Check my Dropbox for "My Control Panel Options". Sound Blaster is not listed. Let me know what you think.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bill,

The screen shots you posted seem to indicate that your speakers are plugged into the on-board Realtek sound chip. At least, I think that's the case but I don't have any SoundBlaster hardware to compare against. Is there any chance you could take a photo showing the back of your PC case to make it clear where the speaker cable is actually connected?

Also, did you try the other suggestions in my post above?

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

I'll try and get a picture of the back of my computer. What is totally confusion me is I have always believed that I was plugging my speakers into the Sound Blaster card. But as you see it looks like the sound is coming from Realtek. Not only that the Sound Blaster card is not even listed in the list of audio inputs.

I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding other suggestions. As of yesterday all my audio drivers are current. I did not need to update my Sound Blaster drivers. As the update said I had the current drivers. As you may have noticed. I do have a Nvidia 1070 video card. The list says not plugged in.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Bill,
williammccracken wrote:I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding other suggestions.
You still haven't mentioned if you've checked for SoundBlaster software running on your machine and applying post-processing to sound effects. See this post.
williammccracken wrote:As the update said I had the current drivers.
Are you referring to a specific Dell or SoundBlaster update in this case, or the Windows update?

Cheers,
Nick

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

In addition to the above, do check if you have the NVidia HD audio drivers installed.they are offered as part of the VIDEO driver package and in my case were also causing conflicts.

You may want to try uninstalling these if they are installed.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

williammccracken
Airman

OK,

Let me try an answer all your questions.

In addition to the above, do check if you have the NVidia HD audio drivers installed. they are offered as part of the VIDEO driver package and in my case were also causing conflicts

These have been removed/uninstalled and not listed in the Control Panel sounds list.

You still haven't mentioned if you've checked for SoundBlaster software running on your machine and applying post-processing to sound effects. See this post.

No SoundBlaster software listed on the Task Bar. Now the Speaker Icon Lists the "Sound Blaster Audigy FX" which it never did before.

The Sound Blaster drivers were installed via Windows Device manager. They say I have the latest drivers.

Now Sound Blaster is the only Speaker Icon that gives me sound. Realtek does not work any more. this makes sense since the speakers are plugged into the SB card as they have always been.

I also placed several pictures on Dropbox of the back of my computer. There not very good. But the best I could do as the computer is on the floor under a desk. If you need better. I'll have to disconnect the cables and take the pictures.

With everything done above the sound is still there.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Hi Bill,

This is very strange that your Control Panel sound settings show that you have the RealTek audio device selected as the default playback. First, this shouldn't be selected since you have a dedicated Soundblaster card. Second, the Soundblaster card should at least appear in the list of playback devices. In your screenshot, I can't quite see what's listed at the top (it's scrolled down a bit too far) - can you let us know if your Soundblaster card appears at the top?

What's extra confusing is that you shouldn't be hearing sound at all if your speakers are not even plugged in to the default playback device. I'm virtually certain that this is where your sound troubles are stemming from.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bill,

Thanks for the info and photos.
williammccracken wrote:The Sound Blaster drivers were installed via Windows Device manager. They say I have the latest drivers.
I wouldn't necessarily rely on this information. Do you know if the SoundBlaster card was pre-installed when you purchased the PC, or is it something that was added afterwards?

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

I installed the SB card about 1 or 2 years ago.

The Current Driver

Date Created 2/7/17
Version 6.0.103.34

I can't find a later drive. The 2 drivers I downloaded give me an error saying it can't detect a supported product on my system.

I've been to the SB site twice. Can you or someone direct me to the correct location for the current driver. I only ask because I don't understand what's going on. Going to Dell does not make sense to me since the current card was purchased separately. Long after the original system purchase.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bill,

Thanks - the fact the SoundBlaster was fitted post-purchase is useful info. Did you try the SoundBlaster driver link that I posted above? If these don't work, please can you let us know the part number of the sound card.
Nick - A2A wrote:For the SoundBlaster Audigy FX drivers, have you tried these? http://support.creative.com/Products/Pr ... +Audigy+Fx

The date listed is older than your current driver version going from the dxdiag.txt, but it's always possible that something like a Windows update has installed a more recent but less suitable driver.
Also, please can you verify that the cable shown here in your photo...
...Is the only one connecting your PC to your speakers.

Kind regards,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

Yes that is the only speaker connection in the system. It's the SB.

Drivers

The first one listed is the one that could not locate the device.

The second which I hadn't downloaded before. Told me that the driver installed was newer than the one I was installing. So I didn't install it.

Review: Current Drivers
I ran the "Creative Software AutoUpdate" program that is installed on my system.

Sound Blaser Audio Controller Driver
Date: 6/19/17
Version: 6.0.105.8

Sound Blaster Audigy FX Driver
Date: 2/7/17
version 6.0.103.34

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bill,
williammccracken wrote:The second which I hadn't downloaded before. Told me that the driver installed was newer than the one I was installing. So I didn't install it.
I'd recommend that you try installing this driver from the OEM anyway. As mentioned, it's probably a safer bet than a generic driver applied by a Windows update.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”