Patchs and Updates To The C182 For P3d v4.2

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
williammccracken
Airman

Re: Patchs and Updates To The C182 For P3d v4.2

Post by williammccracken »

Nick,

This driver will not install. Look below it's not for Windows 10.

Well what's left? After 70 plus posts were no further than were we started. Don't get me wrong You/A2A have gone much further on this than most companies would have. Since you have not heard about this issue from anyone else. It's something unique with my system. Is it time to call it quits?

let me know what you think.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

File Name : SBAF_CD_L13_1_00_06.exe

This download contains the software update for the Sound Blaster® Audigy Fx's installation CD. For more details, please read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports and is applicable for the following hardware:
•Sound Blaster Audigy Fx (SB1570)

Added Enhancement / Features:
•Multiple fixes that improves the driver's overall stability and performance.

Requirements:
•Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 32-bit or 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit, Windows Vista® 32-bit or 64-bit
•Sound Blaster Audigy Fx

Notes:
•To install this pack, do the following: 1.Download the file onto your local hard disk.
2.Double-click the downloaded file.
3.Follow the instructions on screen.
4.Restart your computer when prompted.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bill,

Yes, I see what you mean about the second driver on that page not supporting Win 10.
williammccracken wrote:Well what's left? After 70 plus posts were no further than were we started. Don't get me wrong You/A2A have gone much further on this than most companies would have. Since you have not heard about this issue from anyone else. It's something unique with my system. Is it time to call it quits?
It's up to you Bill. I'm happy to keep on try to help you. :) I don't agree that we're no further forward as we've learned some useful info including that you retrofitted the SoundBlaster card instead of it being supplied in the PC build.

However, there is something very unusual about your system. Given that you fitted the sound card, it still seems to me that there must be audio ports on the motherboard for the Realtek chip. (Unless the SoundBlaster card replaced a previously sound card fitted at the factory perhaps.) As mentioned at the beginning of this thread, the Accu-Sim sounds (i.e. the internal engine sounds) play through your default Windows playback device, and in the screenshots you've shared previously, this is shown to be the onboard Realtek chip.

Before you fitted the SoundBlaster card, where were your speakers plugged in?

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

Before you fitted the SoundBlaster card, where were your speakers plugged in?

Yes! They were plugged into the previous Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium card that came with the computer 2/20/2009. That card failed and I replaced it with the current one.

On the sound playback list in windows control panel the "Sound Blaster Audigy Fx is set to the default device "Speakers". The Realtek and 3 Digital Audio (HDMI) listed as Not Plugged In. Where the HDMI listed is coming from I don't know. The only HDMI cable is from the Samsung monitor to the 1070 Video card.

What makes this strange is I didn't have this issue with P3D V 3, FSX. I also have other high end aircraft like PMDG 737,777 and 747,CRJ700ER, and Alabeo PA44 Seminole installed in P3D ver 4.2 with no sound problems. What could be so unique with your sound implementation.

I'm not complaining just thought if you new what other aircraft I have. Might give you some clue to the problem.

Hope I answered all your questions

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Bill,

Yes, this is useful information too.
williammccracken wrote:On the sound playback list in windows control panel the "Sound Blaster Audigy Fx is set to the default device "Speakers". The Realtek and 3 Digital Audio (HDMI) listed as Not Plugged In.
Aha, so this has been updated now by the sounds of it.
  1. I still think you should try to reinstall OEM drivers for the SoundBlaster. Was it supplied with an installation CD for example? If so, you could try uninstalling the SoundBlaster in the device manager and then installing the original drivers.
  2. Please can you also try exiting any SoundBlaster apps running in the system tray for testing.
  3. Finally, it may be worth checking the cable connection into the sound card itself is okay. Your audio out cable looks quite unusual too. Do you have another one you can test with?
williammccracken wrote:I also have other high end aircraft like PMDG 737,777 and 747,CRJ700ER, and Alabeo PA44 Seminole installed in P3D ver 4.2 with no sound problems. What could be so unique with your sound implementation.
As mentioned Bill, I suspect it's because of the dynamic sound engine which A2A use. This is different to just playing individual *.wav files as most add-ons will do.

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

I think it's time to call it quits. Both of us have spent way too much time on this. Since all my other aircraft work fine. I have to conclude that A2A products don't work on my system. It's a shame because I liked the C182 when it was running on P3D V3 and FSX. But I have moved to P3D V4. I'll just have to put the C182 in the hanger and take my loss.

Again thanks for all the time you and others have spent on this issue.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bill,

I understand. Please can you send me a private message via the forum with the email address you used to make the purchase in the A2A Store.

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

For no reason. I decided to start P3d V 4.2 using the Comanche at KPHL. I did not start as I have been in the past with the default aircraft at the default airport. By default I mean the location P3d ships with. No problem with the Comanche loading with the GTN 750. As I recently reported in another post as you may remember. So that problem is resolved.

I thought that might be a clue to the C182 issue. So I reinstalled the C182. Sure enough no clanging sound as was the issue. When loading the C182 right from the start.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Bill. Very happy to hear the issue has been resolved. :D

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”