Patchs and Updates To The C182 For P3d v4.2

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Patchs and Updates To The C182 For P3d v4.2

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bill,

Is there any chance you could record a sample of the "clanging" sound you're describing? I've never heard anyone mention this issue before which makes troubleshooting more of a challenge. If you can also tell us what sort of audio hardware your system uses, it may help us identify possible causes. For example, do you use an onboard sound chip on your motherboard, or a separate sound card? In either case, please can you check that the correct manufacturer's drivers are installed.

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Post by williammccracken »

I'm using Saitek Yoke, Throttles and Peddles. It has to be something associated with the C182. Since the clanging only happens when using the C182. No other aircraft. It is a constant clang. Like if you were trying to start the engine and all it did was crank and not start. It has a constant rhythm to it. On the ground or in the air. No difference. It's still there.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

Sound Blaster Audigy FX card with current drivers. I have never made a video from P3d. Other wise if you can give me some idea on how to record the sound and send it to you. With all our tech today there must be a simple way. Trust me I do understand how difficult this is for you to trouble shoot. That's way I appreciate your patience.

How about a telephone call and you can listen to the sound on the phone.

Thanks.

Bill McCracken

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

You mentioned it sounds like a starter. The starter sound is here: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C182\sound\A2A_c182_starter. Is that what you're hearing?

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

I just tried to attach a video I took with my iPhone. The sound is on the video. It's about 30 sec long. But the video just kept saying uploading and then IE crashed. Is there another way to send you the video? The size is 70mb.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

williammccracken
Airman

Patful,

The sound is not like that.

Thanks for trying to help. See other post as I'm trying to upload a video with the sound.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

williammccracken wrote:I just tried to attach a video I took with my iPhone. The sound is on the video. It's about 30 sec long. But the video just kept saying uploading and then IE crashed. Is there another way to send you the video? The size is 70mb.
Hello Bill,

If you've managed to record some video that includes the mysterious clanging sound that's great and will hopefully help us get to the bottom of this issue. The best way to share largish files like this is to sign up for a free file sharing service such as DropBox, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive. These will let you upload the file and create a 'sharing' link which you can paste in a forum post.

I'd say that with SoundBlaster cards, there's probably more likelihood of audio issues than if you use Intel on-board sound or similar, but being able to listen to what you're hearing will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

The link is below. Never done this before. Ley me know if it works.

Bill McCracken

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/79yxx27irahz ... GhAka?dl=0

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Bill - the DropBox link works absolutely fine. I'll pass this on to the development team to see if they have any ideas as to the sound effect which is being played and possible causes for it.

Kind regards,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

Thanks. I can't ask for anything more than that.

Good luck.

Bill McCracken

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Bill,

It's hard to tell what sound is being played, if any from Accu-Sim, because the sound is being recorded from a mobile phone. Can you try using something like www.fraps.com to record with high quality sound? This way, at least, we may be able to recognize what the sound file is.

However, even if we were to recognize the sound, I'm not sure we could understand or troubleshoot why this is doing what it is doing. Since this is the only report of this kind of strange occurrence (not sure if there are any others?), I would look to see what is unique about your simulation setup.

Also, does this sound happen even with the engine off? Also, does going outside change the sound?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

Bill,
What are your throttle, prop, mixture levers doing? I had to recalibrate my tpm due to a issue with SPAD. The reason I bring this up is it sounds similar and it would do it with the engine off like in your video.

Just something to check.
Ron

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bill,

If you have a fairly modern motherboard, something else you could try as a troubleshooting step is unplugging your speakers from the audio port in the Soundblaster card and plugging them into the audio port that's built into the motherboard instead.

You may have to manually go into the Windows sound settings and make the speakers in this new location the default audio device. However, I think Windows should do this automatically if the speakers are the only playback device you use.

If you have any other playback devices plugged in (for example a headset) I'd recommend that you unplug them for troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Let me try and answer all your questions.

First I installed Fraps and recorded 2 audio files and put them in the C182 Dropbox folder. Since I'm not familiar with Dropbox I'm hoping you can access them as before from the link I posted. If not let me know.

The clanging is there when the engines are running or they are off.

This is where I see it at this point. If I am using any other aircraft at any airport. The sound is not present. If I select any C182 for any airport the sound is present. Please help me to understand why checking calibration, sound card and speakers would make any difference when this only happens with the C182. Since the same hardware is being used with the rest of the aircraft. Please don't misinterpret but it seem to me that it has to do with the C182. I do understand that no one else has reported this problem. Also since you can't duplicate it. It makes it harder to find a fix. Should I just not use the C182. Because with the clanging it is just unusable.

Again I do appreciate all the effort everyone is putting into trying to help. But is it time to quit and say it's something with my system. Even though the problem follows the C182.

Thank You all.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bill,

Thanks for recording those additional clips. They can be accessed but unfortunately they don't seem to play back the sound effect you're hearing in the sim. Instead, a sort of 'static' sound is audible.
williammccracken wrote:This is where I see it at this point. If I am using any other aircraft at any airport. The sound is not present. If I select any C182 for any airport the sound is present. Please help me to understand why checking calibration, sound card and speakers would make any difference when this only happens with the C182.
The A2A 182 uses a customised dynamic sound engine whereas other aircraft in P3D use rather basic 'tinned' sound effects.

For your next troubleshooting step, I'd really recommend checking if that SoundBlaster card is linked to the issue by plugging your speakers into the motherboard front speaker out jack instead. It should be green.

Thanks for your patience with this matter: I'm still hopeful we can get to the bottom of it. :)

Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”