Patchs and Updates To The C182 For P3d v4.2

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
williammccracken
Airman

Patchs and Updates To The C182 For P3d v4.2

Post by williammccracken »

Where do I fine the above? I purchased from A2A Simulations.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Patchs and Updates To The C182 For P3d v4.2

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bill,

We've recently released some brand new installers for A2A aircraft for Prepar3D v4. Please see this announcement for details of how to get your account transferred to the new A2A web store where you'll be able to download the new installers.

At the time of writing, these installers include all the latest fixes/enhancements and they also include a feature to check for future updates.

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

I just setup my new account at the new store. I guess I'll have to wait till my old orders get moved to my new account so that I can use the new installer. Is this correct? There are no downloads or orders listed in my new account.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's correct Bill - as well as setting up the new account, did you also fill out the short Google form available from the post I linked above? Once you've done this, Lewis will receive this information and be able to transfer your purchases from the old system to the new one.

This is a manual process, but you shouldn't be waiting too long.

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Didn't catch the google form at first. But have now completed it.

My current installation is C: users name documents Prepared3Dv4Add-ons A2A SimObjects airplanes A2A_C182

The only reason I mention this is because I've seen some posts where the directory was wrong. Just wanted to avoid problems.

Thanks Again.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Bill.

Once you've received your confirmation email for the store transfer and downloaded the new installer, please check out this post for some tips on smooth re-installation if you have existing A2A products installed for P3D v4.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Bill,

I believe you are all set to go, I am all caught up with the orders just at the moment so you should have been moved so long as there where things to move.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

I must have done something wrong.

I followed the instructions on deleting the folder from the documents folder before installing the new update. The update went fine no errors.

Ran P3d with default aircraft.
Then selected a C182.
Set C&D from Shift 3 then auto start. I hear a clanging noise which I did previously.
I thought the update corrected the nose wheel issue. Locked. I checked the add-on config file for the "/". It was not there.
Also in the install instructions I thought it indicated the version in the control panel add/remove programs list. No version listed.

Please let me know what I have missed.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Bill,

I'm wondering if you installed with the new installer or the existing one. The new installers should now be available from your new account on the store page: https://a2asimulations.com/store/.

When you ran the installer, did the opening screen look something like this one (albeit for the C182 in your case)?

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

I just downloaded again. I followed your link. It was the same place I downloaded before P3d V4 installer from the my orders page. Is there any way to identify what installer I downloaded from the name. The names of todays first downloader and the one I just downloaded are the same. Both are zip files.

Should I try and install again with the one I just downloaded? Ran installer as Administrator.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

Ok. This mornings download was from the new store "download" section. This afternoon I downloaded from the "Orders" section. This gave me the new installer and everything is ok. Just one thing still remains. What is clanging and how do I get rid of it? I loaded another plane the default Baron and no clanging. Again what am I missing? Switch to C&D still clanging. Auto start still clanging.

Thanks for all your help and patience.

Bill McCracken happy customer. Going nuts with clanging. :)

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello Bill,

I believe you are all set to go, I am all caught up with the orders just at the moment so you should have been moved so long as there where things to move.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Nice work Lewis and just in case you thought it was a thankless job.......Thank You!
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bill,

Good to hear you've now downloaded and installed the new installer successfully.
williammccracken wrote:Just one thing still remains. What is clanging and how do I get rid of it? I loaded another plane the default Baron and no clanging. Again what am I missing? Switch to C&D still clanging. Auto start still clanging.
A little hard to tell what the "clanging" you refer to is, unless you can give us a slightly fuller description of when you're hearing it. Is it after engine start for example? Or during taxi?

However, the first thing I'd recommend is that you check the status if the aircraft in the maintenance hangar (Shift 7).

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

The clanging happens when the aircraft is loaded. It follows the aircraft. I changed airports still clanging. Checked hanger status like new. C&D or running it's still there. Load another aircraft clanging goes away. Reload C182 clanging is back.

So it seems that its caused by the C182.

Thanks.

Bill McCracken

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

What do you use for controls? Do you have coverings mapped to the throttle, prop and mixture?

If so, you may have a noisy potentiometer on one of the controls that is causing the noise. Do you observe the knobs jittering around in the cockpit? What happens to the sound if you move the controls to the middle of their range?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”