2D panels not showing

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
metodp
Airman Basic

2D panels not showing

Post by metodp »

I have installed the C182 on my P3D v4.2 and cannot bring up the 2D panels. The SHIFT-2 sometimes shows, if I press F10, I get the map, load manager and the radio stack. I have transparency set all the way to the left. I tried to run the accu-sim update and it runs through but only says it installed succesfully and nothing happens (no updating taking place). I had the FSX version of the C172 and Connie and I know how an Accu-Sim update should look like.

Any help would be appreciated.
Metod

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: 2D panels not showing

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like you are all updated ok so no worries there. This is the P3D product not the FSX version so the update process is different as the updates are quite different.

For the panels, can you please check you have the key mapped correctly in P3D.
shift +2,3,4,5 etc are all default sim keys that can be mapped and remapped etc in your P3D settings.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

metodp
Airman Basic

Re: 2D panels not showing

Post by metodp »

Hi!

Managed to sort it out. Uninstalled, and deleted all the content that was left after the installation. The re-installed and updated. Works like a charm :)

The issue might have stemmed from the fact that initially I installed into a wrong folder (A2A\C182 instead of just A2A- the plane wouldn't show up even after the \ cfg fix. In uninstalled it and then installed it into A2A, the plane showed up after the cfg fix but had no 2D panels. Obviously some leftover files from the initial installation were playing tricks on me. So after a thorough 2nd uninstall it worked the 3rd time through...I guess three time's the charm. :)

Funny thing is, that I have to always press the SHIFT-number combo twice to get the pop-ups...is this normal?

regards
Metod

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”