Install folders A2A 182

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Jackietools
Airman

Install folders A2A 182

Post by Jackietools »

I installed the 182 and Comanche 250 into default Documents/Perare3Dv4/A2A but after using the aircraft I see a new folder in my Documents folder, D:\Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182. This folder was not there prior to my use of each aircraft I am using Prepare3Dv4 so why were these file generated. Is it needed? Thanks. There are 2 files for each aircraft Log.dat and Log.dat.f

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Install folders A2A 182

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi - the files in "Documents\A2A\FSX" are used to record the condition and configuration of the aircraft (*log.dat), along with persistent radio frequencies (*log.dat.f). The "FSX" folder is used even for P3D-only installations because allow the aircraft state to be shared over both simulator platforms for those customers who own both FSX and P3D.

Thanks,
Nick

Jackietools
Airman

Post by Jackietools »

Nick M wrote:Hi - the files in "Documents\A2A\FSX" are used to record the condition and configuration of the aircraft (*log.dat), along with persistent radio frequencies (*log.dat.f). The "FSX" folder is used even for P3D-only installations because allow the aircraft state to be shared over both simulator platforms for those customers who own both FSX and P3D.

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks for clearing that up. Unfortunately I am having a problem with Flight1 GTN. When I wake my PC from sleep GTN will not work unless I do a restart. Thought maybe that file could have been involved. Thanks again

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Jackietools wrote:When I wake my PC from sleep GTN will not work unless I do a restart.
Is the GTN or Garmin trainer installed to a different physical drive? If so, it may be worth checking that the drive itself is still visible and functioning as expected after resumption from sleep. SATA drive >1TB can have issues in this area, in Windows 7 at any rate.

Thanks,
Nick

Jackietools
Airman

Post by Jackietools »

Nick M wrote:
Jackietools wrote:When I wake my PC from sleep GTN will not work unless I do a restart.
Is the GTN or Garmin trainer installed to a different physical drive? If so, it may be worth checking that the drive itself is still visible and functioning as expected after resumption from sleep. SATA drive >1TB can have issues in this area, in Windows 7 at any rate.

Thanks,
Nick
Running Win 10 and all is on a 1 TB SSD but thanks for the advice

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, for trouble free running, I'd just recommend a restart. Sleep modes are known to cause issues on wake up's I've never bothered to use it given that with a modern SSD the full start up takes just as long as a wake up + minus the sleep mode issues.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jackietools
Airman

Post by Jackietools »

Thanks

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”