Auto Pilot Malfuction

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Reg Lees
Airman

Auto Pilot Malfuction

Post by Reg Lees »

:cry: Hi Guys. On a recent flight the Auto Pilot malfunctioned and put the aircraft into a steep climb, normal services was only obtained by disengaging the Auto Pilot. This problem is only apparent when flying the A2A C182, further checks have revealed that the Hdg function is working OK even though the Alt function is not. I have re-downloaded the A2A C182 Skylane programme, down loaded the latest up-grade, reset all the settings in FSX, checked the C182 Aircraft Configuration FSX, for problems, with no success. Help please!!!!!! Regards Reg Lees

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Auto Pilot Malfuction

Post by Oracle427 »

A few questions.

Did you set the BARO on the AP?
What vertical mode where you operating in? AP our VS?

What VS was selected if in VS?
If in ALT mode what altitude did you set and how did you capture the altitude? I.e. Did you arm the altitude and then use VS to climb or descend to or did you just press ALT to capture the current altitide?

What weather engine are you using? Sometimes the weather engines can instantly and unrealistically introduce dramatic changes to the weather parameters and cause the aircraft to become unstable unless manual intervention is taken.
Last edited by Oracle427 on 15 Feb 2018, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Similar experience -

A2A Skylane and Winds ?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Reg Lees wrote::cry: Hi Guys. On a recent flight the Auto Pilot malfunctioned and put the aircraft into a steep climb, normal services was only obtained by disengaging the Auto Pilot. This problem is only apparent when flying the A2A C182, further checks have revealed that the Hdg function is working OK even though the Alt function is not. I have re-downloaded the A2A C182 Skylane programme, down loaded the latest up-grade, reset all the settings in FSX, checked the C182 Aircraft Configuration FSX, for problems, with no success. Help please!!!!!! Regards Reg Lees
Hello,

did you delete the update file before re-installing, if not you will not be updated. We never advise people to reinstall as it makes troubleshooting the original issue far harder and tends to cause frustration for the user.

In this case, I would also ask if you are using a weather program?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Reg Lees
Airman

Post by Reg Lees »

:cry: Hi guys. Thanks for the comments. I have to-day uninstalled ALL A2A and ASSOCIATED files and then reinstalled, including up-dates without any success, the aircraft still goes into a uncontrolled climb when enabling the AP, no wind, clear sky, perfect flying conditions, and as such can only fly manually. Need help!!!!!!!! Regards Reg Lees

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Delete any saved flights with the Cessna, which were made before the reinstall. Make sure your C182 is not also the default flight in your sim.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

DId the updates get re-applied? Are you certain that you deleted the update client.wyc file within C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cessna182\Update_fsx?

I don't own the 182, so I took a guess at the path based on my 172.

Just double check that or else the updates would not have been re-applied. You can run the updater again after deleting this file without harm.

Also can you answer the above questions? It is not clear if you are following the proper procedures to operate the KAP140. This is a faithful reproduction of the real unit and as such will require a little more action on behalf of the pilot to get the desired results.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”