P3Dv4.1 Engine/Switch sounds missing - only in Cockpit

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
cookedinlh
Airman Basic

P3Dv4.1 Engine/Switch sounds missing - only in Cockpit

Post by cookedinlh »

I've been all over the forum looking for a fix . . tried reinstalling. My sim is on a totally separate drive G: . . . tried the sound Communications "do nothing" tip no effect. All outside sounds work even get wheel noise on takeoff but once I leave the ground it's all silent in the cockpit except for gyros

Any other tips for new user . . I'm not sure the installation is fully implemented because it was done with some manual file moves and there was no "add-ons" folder on P3D v4.1
Help
Cookedinlh

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: P3Dv4.1 Engine/Switch sounds missing - only in Cockpit

Post by Oracle427 »

There is no reason to move files around manually as the installer still place the files in the correct location and modify the P3D xmls with appropriate references.

It may be a good idea to undo your manual installation, put everything back as it was and then install using the installer to confirm that works properly.

Also may be a good idea to read the P3D add on structure changes so you understand how P3D v4 has moved the add on tree structure outside of the P3D tree.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes moving files manually will break the software. You should always install correctly, and follow the on screen instructions. For creating new add-on folders for P3D in various places please refer to your P3D documentation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

cookedinlh
Airman Basic

Post by cookedinlh »

Thanks guys . . I did do what I thought was the proper auto install and was surprised many files were missing and not install were expected. The sound issue was the first thing I noticed so that's when I tried to correct things. I'm trying to reinstall again but my P3D is on a separate SSD G: so it is not at all obvious where to point the installer. It seems to automatically go to my app data roaming folder on C: I know that can't be right but there is no "Add-on" folder in my P3Dv4 so not sure where to point the installer? . . the only Add-on folder in my P3Dv4 is for scenery.

I read your Post subject: P3Dv4 Add-on structure and how to use and move it
There is no "add on" folder in my Roaming . in fact there is no Prepar3D v4 folder in my Roaming after Microsoft SUPPORT "refreshed" my WIN 10 that screwed up an automatic update and left me with only Microsoft in the roaming folder. P3D v4 works fine but I'm having to redo all my control and cfg settings. I have years of setups and configurations tuning for FSX P3Dv3 and v4 that seems to be gone.

cookedinlh

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the default C: location its trying to install too is the default P3Dv4 add on folder. If you ignore this and click to chose your own path the installer will allow you to install into any custom addon folder you create.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”