Problems with new Updater

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
rlashier
Airman

Problems with new Updater

Post by rlashier »

I have 3 A2A Aircraft (C172, C182 and Comanche 250) that I purchased for Prepare3d and upgraded to P3Dv.4 during the summer.
All 3 of these aircraft were installed to the same A2a add-on subdirectory within the documents folder of Win 10. A2A advised that I install all aircraft running under P3D to the same directory.
This week, I upgraded to P3Dv.4.1, and was happy to see that A2A has promptly released an updater to fix the steering error many reported after the v. 4.1 upgrade.
I ran the updater this evening, and received an error: "Installer could not locate the A2A_Accusim.dll file, that should be in your gauges folder."

There is a gauges folder on another P3d add-on directory on my system, and it does contain the A2A_Accusim.dll file. This is not, of course, the same directory to which the 3 aircraft were installed.

How do I get the updater to locate this file and complete the updating of my aircraft?

Thanks,
Rich

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Problems with new Updater

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Rich,

they should all be in the same directory, as noted during the installation of your aircraft they should all be installed to the same location. By default this is you my doc P3Dv4 addons folder.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

rlashier
Airman

Post by rlashier »

Thanks, Lewis.
Can I simply move the Accusim files to my aircraft install directory without causing registry issues for my system?

Rich

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

A reinstall might be best, I am not sure of your exact setup.

thanks,
Lewis

rlashier
Airman

Post by rlashier »

Right. A reinstall of the aircraft is probably the safer course.
Not sure how the Accusim files got separated from the others during the earlier installs.
Guess I will just accept the default install paths and not take any chances this time by trying to customize.

Thanks again.

GDubcle
Airman Basic

Post by GDubcle »

Anyone having issues with the aircraft spinning in a circle after the update?

rlashier
Airman

Post by rlashier »

So Lewis, is the trick then to direct the updater to install to my folder where my A2A add-ons are installed, or, to install the updater to the folder that contains the Accusim.dll file?
Thanks

Johnwag
Airman

Post by Johnwag »

I had the spinning aircraft after installing the update. Issue was fuxed after I dud the P3Dv4.1 update.

Good luck
John

GDubcle
Airman Basic

Post by GDubcle »

Johnwag wrote:I had the spinning aircraft after installing the update. Issue was fuxed after I dud the P3Dv4.1 update.

Good luck
John
Okay great I'll give it a try. A reinstall of all three aircraft fixed the problem. I was worried about trying it again.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

rlashier wrote:So Lewis, is the trick then to direct the updater to install to my folder where my A2A add-ons are installed, or, to install the updater to the folder that contains the Accusim.dll file?
Thanks
by default it will detect and install for you. No need to go trawling through directories, but if you use custom folder then just go to the custom folder. For example on my main desktop test here I have;
E:\P3D Addons\A2A

thanks,
Lewis

Gimle
Airman Basic

Post by Gimle »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
rlashier wrote:So Lewis, is the trick then to direct the updater to install to my folder where my A2A add-ons are installed, or, to install the updater to the folder that contains the Accusim.dll file?
Thanks
by default it will detect and install for you. No need to go trawling through directories, but if you use custom folder then just go to the custom folder. For example on my main desktop test here I have;
E:\P3D Addons\A2A

thanks,
Lewis
Hi, I've just come onto the forum for this one issue. My P3D is installed in a separate drive and I've been unsuccessful in tracking down where the A2A_ACCUSIM.DLL is actually installing itself when installing the spitfire. I'm a bit confused why the updater doesn't automatically know where to put itself when the aircraft installer does. Maybe I'm being thick, but I've been all through the document folders on both of my drives, and through A2A and P3D gauge folders and can not work out where on earth I'm meant to install the updater to.

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Gimle wrote:
Hi, I've just come onto the forum for this one issue. My P3D is installed in a separate drive and I've been unsuccessful in tracking down where the A2A_ACCUSIM.DLL is actually installing itself when installing the spitfire. I'm a bit confused why the updater doesn't automatically know where to put itself when the aircraft installer does. Maybe I'm being thick, but I've been all through the document folders on both of my drives, and through A2A and P3D gauge folders and can not work out where on earth I'm meant to install the updater to.

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.
Hello,

which A2A simulations products do you own? You mentioned the Spitfire but this is an FSX product. As noted when you start the updater you should select which platform you are using so the updater can search and update the relevant products.

thanks,
Lewis

Gimle
Airman Basic

Post by Gimle »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Hello,

which A2A simulations products do you own? You mentioned the Spitfire but this is an FSX product. As noted when you start the updater you should select which platform you are using so the updater can search and update the relevant products.

thanks,
Lewis
The Spitfire is the only product I own. I'm a bit confused when you say its an FSX only product because I had it working on P3D V3 with no problems at all. The updater does indeed ask which version of FSX/P3D I own, and I am choosing the correct one which is V4. Is this something which has changed only recently?

Gimle
Airman Basic

Post by Gimle »

OK I had a brain wave, as I'm using the Estonia Migration tool I tried to run the updater as FSX - which then correctly found the right file but it comes up that that updater doesn't work for V4. Is there a work around for this, or if not is it something you guys intend to fix in the future?

Any help would be great.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The Spitfire is licensed and supported for FSX only. A2A may release a P3D compatible version in the future.

For now, you need to continue using FSX to use the Spitfire.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”