OXYGEN FOR FLT DECK

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

OXYGEN FOR FLT DECK

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hello A2A Team,

Is there an O2 option within the programme for the C 182 Skylane, the service ceiling is stated as being 18,000 feet, when operating out of a high airfield with terrain I had to climb above normal altitudes and O2 is required or black out occurs!

Can I operate beyond normal (no O2 required) safe altitudes say 10-112,000 feet.

Thanks
Charlie (UK)
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: OXYGEN FOR FLT DECK

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello again Charlie! :)

An oxygen system currently isn't modelled for the Skylane (or any of A2A's GA add-ons). I think Scott from A2A mentioned that if he got some real world experience with using such a system, they may add it to the simulation.

In the meantime, you'll need to adapt your flight plans to take advantage of mountain passes and valleys. I believe hypoxia is modelled over 12,500 ft but you should be okay up to 14,000 ft for about 30 minutes.

For users of the registered version of FSUIPC, I did come up with a 'cheating' oxygen supply: more info here.

Thanks,
Nick

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,
Thanks for the reply, I believe the Comanche 250 from A2A has O2 capability, am I correct? On another subject is there a Navigational tool /system you could recommend to integrate with the ATA C 182 Garmin GTN 750?
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,
what is FSUIPC, is that a fix that would work for me in the C182

Help as always much appreciated
Charlie
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

MACHAVIA wrote:I believe the Comanche 250 from A2A has O2 capability, am I correct?
Nope - no oxygen in the Comanche either I'm afraid Charlie. Perhaps we'll need to wait until A2A release a turbocharged GA add-on before we see an oxygen supply modelled. :)

I don't use the GTN 750, so can't speak for compatible flight planning tools I'm afraid. (I just tend to use https://skyvector.com/ for my flight planning needs.)

As for FSUIPC, it's a payware add-on for advanced control assignments and key press programming. More info here. There's lots you can with it, but the learning curve for the more advanced stuff can be a little steep.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”