P3Dv4 Hangs When 182 Is Loaded

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
stewie63
Airman Basic

P3Dv4 Hangs When 182 Is Loaded

Post by stewie63 »

Not sure what I've done... My 182 was working great a few weeks ago, then I bought the Connie. I initially had trouble with it but was able to get it to work when I ran P3D as Admin. Few days later I go to launch 182 and P3D completely and instantly hangs as soon as I load the 182. Whether it's the first aircraft I load, or load one that works then switch to it. All my other aircraft are working.

Things I've tried:
* Completely un-install the Connie and 182 and fully delete the "P3D Add-on" folder.
* Reinstalled the 182 letting it choose the default install location
** I've done this twice, first time the 182 didn't work I tried the Connie and it did... SO I uninstalled all and tried 182 again; that's where I am now
* I've tried "Run as Admin" and normal
* Rebooted many times

I don't want to do fresh P3D install. I'm thinking I have something messed up that hopefully can be easy fix? Maybe some temp files I can blow away... Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
- James

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3Dv4 Hangs When 182 Is Loaded

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what is your default flight?

The connie wont affect it at all so any other add-ons or system changes you made since running the 182?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

stewie63
Airman Basic

Post by stewie63 »

It didn't matter if it was default flight or not. I ended up just re-installing P3D and is working now. I wonder if it wasn't something to do with having P3D in Program Files... I was hoping they fixed that with v4, but since re-installing to normal directory everything is working better!

Back to flying! :)

Thanks,
James

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear James, there is no fixing for program files. Thats just a user issue in windows and people not granting the correct permissions. Its an easy fix to get around and will help understand ones own system and computers. Its a shame the myth of outside program files exists in the fs world rather than the true cause which is just a little bit of education about how computers and the modern OS works.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”