RXP GTN 750

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Re: RXP GTN 750

Post by ryanbatc »

Les Parson wrote:I hope A2A chooses to wholeheartedly embrace his products again...

Along with Scott, I too would like to add my strong support for the new RXP products. Moving forward, I do hope A2A will also consider RXP products (GNS/GTN) as available options along with other 3rd party developers.
Ditto agree with Les and Scott. I've done some mods myself with some buttons working but it would be nicer for the devs to do it if possible, then all the buttons can work. Both RXP GNS 530/430W v2 AND the GTN 750 and 650.

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Minsky wrote: Yeah, but the buttons (home, dto) on a default VC bezel aren't working.
I've made a mod for this. They work on a single 750 or 650 setup (I'm still working on a dual setup). Check the Panel config thread in the rxp gtn sub forums at avsim (I don't mean to post links on a2a's forums not sure if that's proper).

Comanche 750 DTO and HOME clicks working
Imagepa24mod by ryan b, on Flickr

Connie 650 DTO and HOME clicks working
Imageconnie650 by ryan b, on Flickr

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey ryanbatc, you're welcome to share the links here, its a support forum that turned and morphed over the years into an open community orientated community that just happens to be around the A2A products, of course the support element is present but we welcome and encourage users sharing hints, tips and there adventures on the community areas of the forums, including the non official tweaks or whatnot that are a part of the fs world.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I'd like to add my voice to the requests for continued A2A support for RealityXP GNS/GTN integration going forward. With the developer active and providing excellent support on Avsim, it seems like a great opportunity to iron-out any compatibility issues and provide the best possible choice to A2A's customers. :)

Cheers,
Nick

nirgal76
Airman

Post by nirgal76 »

ryanbatc wrote:
Minsky wrote: Yeah, but the buttons (home, dto) on a default VC bezel aren't working.
I've made a mod for this. They work on a single 750 or 650 setup (I'm still working on a dual setup). Check the Panel config thread in the rxp gtn sub forums at avsim (I don't mean to post links on a2a's forums not sure if that's proper).
Thanks you for sharing, now we have the best units (RXP) working in the best planes (A2A) :D

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Ok dokie, here's my post over there.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5219 ... nt=3749811

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

What makes the RXP version better, especially when buying both the 750/650 @Flight1 is $30.00 cheaper and we don't know if the developer will disappear again?
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

nirgal76
Airman

Post by nirgal76 »

jeepinforfun wrote:What makes the RXP version better, especially when buying both the 750/650 @Flight1 is $30.00 cheaper and we don't know if the developer will disappear again?
Devs can always disapear. See Realair. Don't stay in the past.

My needs are not managed by price (there is not so much difference between both product) but by functionalities and quality.

i own GTN (750+650) and GNS (530+430) from both F1 and RXP.

i must admit RXP is a better product. No one fps loss (compare to Flight1 units that eats my fps) even with both VC and popup displayed (not possible with F1), unit more responsive (not lag), far better graphic rendering, crossfill for GNS, units settings inside the sim without having to restart sim or reload aircraft, hardware and shortcut support, can use default sim gps event, export GTN/GNS Flight plan to the sim (can be automatic), lastest trainer support (i like visual approach). better Taws managment (better aircraft attitude calculation to calculate potential crash), And i can continue...

The support ? the few issue i had has been resolve into the week with an update.

they have diseapers in the past ? i don't care, they are here now and responsive with a better product and full of projects for future (G500/600 for example but not only, i can't say more).

I have uninstall F1 units. there are not bad, they are good, but rxp ones are just better (for what i'm searching for.).

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

nirgal76 wrote:
jeepinforfun wrote:What makes the RXP version better, especially when buying both the 750/650 @Flight1 is $30.00 cheaper and we don't know if the developer will disappear again?

My needs are not managed by price (there is not so much difference between both product) but by functionalities and quality.

i must admit RXP is a better product. No one fps loss (compare to Flight1 units that eats my fps) even with both VC and popup displayed (not possible with F1), unit more responsive (not lag), far better graphic rendering, crossfill for GNS, units settings inside the sim without having to restart sim or reload aircraft, hardware and shortcut support, can use default sim gps event, export GTN/GNS Flight plan to the sim (can be automatic), lastest trainer support (i like visual approach). better Taws managment (better aircraft attitude calculation to calculate potential crash), And i can continue...

The support ? the few issue i had has been resolve into the week with an update.

they have diseapers in the past ? i don't care, they are here now and responsive with a better product and full of projects for future (G500/600 for example but not only, i can't say more).

I have uninstall F1 units. there are not bad, they are good, but rxp ones are just better (for what i'm searching for.).

Appreciate your reply and personal experiences with the RXP products.

Any comparisons between like products are very helpful to FS users to make smart purchases and you have brought up some important features that are lacking in the Flight1 units. This does not mean that for many users price and a developers past actions are also not an important consideration. Please do not take that last sentence as a rebuke of your very helpful post. :)
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

nirgal76
Airman

Post by nirgal76 »

jeepinforfun wrote:
nirgal76 wrote:

Appreciate your reply and personal experiences with the RXP products.

Any comparisons between like products are very helpful to FS users to make smart purchases and you have brought up some important features that are lacking in the Flight1 units. This does not mean that for many users price and a developers past actions are also not an important consideration. Please do not take that last sentence as a rebuke of your very helpful post. :)
No problem, i understand what you mean ;)
I just try to help others to make a choice according to their needs. I don't have any personal affinity with F1 or RXP, i'm just talking about my experience.
Anymays, we are lucky to have the choice, a choice between 2 good products (i don't speak about Mindstar GNS because it is really far behind, not P3Dv4 compatible, and don't have a great support).
So, i don't care about what A2A can decide about RXP or F1 integration because for me, both units work fine (with some little tweak for RXP as it is not officially supported), It could just be smart for customers not familiar with manual panel.cfg tweaking to have both products supported officially (GNS and GTN by F1 and RXP).

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

RXP GTN 750

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

In addition - RXP’s install and configuration screens are one slick piece of kit - also supports CROSSFILL...

I believe A2A blocks switching to the RXP version 1 GNS if the gauge is not detected by their configuration tool... If they could allow the feature for the GNS - installing the correct VC - we could install the version 2 RXP GNS gauges by ourselves using the RXP tools - it only takes seconds... Been doing just that on my Alabeo/Carenado products...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nirgal76
Airman

Post by nirgal76 »

scottb613 wrote: I believe A2A blocks switching to the RXP version 1 GNS if the gauge is not detected by their configuration tool...
In P3D, it seems the RXP option is always grayed and the config tool doesn't try to detect it.

RXP
Airman Basic

Post by RXP »

nirgal76 wrote:
scottb613 wrote: I believe A2A blocks switching to the RXP version 1 GNS if the gauge is not detected by their configuration tool...
In P3D, it seems the RXP option is always grayed and the config tool doesn't try to detect it.
Hi, I'm jumping a bit late in this discussion, but you might try this workaround:

For P3D3/P3D4:
make a copy of "C:/Program Files (x86)/Reality XP/GNS Simulation/FltSim/32/rxpGNS2.dll" to "rxpGNS.dll" in the same folder.

For other versions:
make a copy of "[FSIM]\Gauges\rxpGNS2.dll" to "rxpGNS.dll" (or .gau for FS9).

The Reality XP GNS 530/430 V2 gauge file includes a unique technology which creates gauge name 'aliases' at runtime.

Hence for, the copied file might be enough for the tool to 'detect' and enable the option, and the aliased names permits loading a panel.cfg file configured with legacy GNS gauge names transparently (for example rxpGNS!GNS530 instead of rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1)

fly4fun
Airman Basic

Post by fly4fun »

Hi guys,

I own RXP GTN750 and have it installed in my comanche for some time. While all its other modes work smoothly with AP (HDG, ect), I have never managed to get them connected in nav/gps mode. Am I doing something wrong or is this just not possible with the combination of those two? The settings for RXP seem to be correct, master, gps, etc. What is your experience with it?

I also have the same integration in Bonanza and it works flawlessly, in all modes.

Cheers, Matt

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

scottb613 wrote:Would just like to voice my support of Jean-Luc’s return to RXP
Hi Scott, hi all,

Me too I want to voice my support of Jean-Luc’s return to RXP with quality products.

I have the RXP GTN 650 and 750.

I most appreciate that the Bonanza supports the RXP GTN 650/750.

I do hope that it will be the same with the C182/172 sometimes in the future.

I must confess that with P3D, I'm not into tinkering, tweaking or file editing anymore.
P3Dv4.5 - V35B - C172 - Cherokee
i5 4670K @4.3 Ghz - 32 Gb DDR3 - GTX 1080 8 Gb - 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - Win 7 x64
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 modded with CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”