Radio Functionality C182 Skylane

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Radio Functionality C182 Skylane

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hello,
I think I posted this message in wrong forum? Apologies All.

Can any one advise /help why I can only adjust "hundreds" frequencies on the virtual cockpit radio panel. To set correct (whole) frequencies I have to use quick radios this issue is applicable to ADF /DME COMMS AND NAV Radios if flying or on the ground the inner knob works the oute although detents in when pressed (in and out) will not adjust "tens) frequencies.

I am FSX SE Windows 10 system.

Thanks
Charlie (UK)
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Radio Functionality C182 Skylane

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Charlie - I just posted in your other topic...
Nick M wrote:You should be able to adjust both the inner and outer avionics knobs with your mouse scroll wheel.

For the ADF, you'll also need to left click the inner knob to press it in or pull it out which allows you to adjust the '10s' and '1s' respectively.
Cheers,
Nick

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for reply, I will try this as you advise, when I point my cursor at knobs the hand Icon grabs the buton is that correct?
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, that's right. The cursor should change from an arrow to a hand when you hover it over the knobs. Then you can use the mouse wheel to adjust. Dragging the mouse to rotate the knob only works for the outer part which I think is the point of your post?

Cheers,
Nick

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hello Nick,

Just realised you helped me a while back whilst you were out at sea on a boat, I think you are in neighboring county to me.

How you doing been out on the "oggin" recently?

Cheers
Charlie (Loughborough)
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Indeed - I'm not so far away in Rutland Charlie. :) Currently at home trying to pick the best barbecue opportunity between the heavy showers and glad I don't have to go back to sea for another week or so... :D

Nick

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,
What in your opinion /recommendation would be a good flt planning tool, Plan g Skyvector etc? any suggestions, are you on FSX SE platform or have you moved on if so what is good XPlane 11 / Prepard V 4??

What do you reckon to the GNS750 which you can purchase for the A2A C182 Skylane??

Glad you have some time off, was going to Barnsdale today -Geoff Hamilton's garden now run for some while by Nick Hamilton weather not good early so cancelled.

if you like you can e mail me on [email protected]

Cheers
Charlie
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Charlie,

I just tend to use Skyvector, though from the other thread you opened, it seems Plan-G is a popular choice too. There's a link to another free option, 'VfrFlight', in this thread.

Can't speak for the GTN750 I'm afraid; I regularly find myself messing with GPSs at work yet tend to avoid them in the sim. If anything, I'd probably be tempted to grab a copy of the GTN650 or even the GNS430.

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. Yeah - Barnsdale Gardens is just down the road though I confess I've never visited except to buy some plants and things as gifts. I'm not really much of a green-fingered sort I'm afraid! :mrgreen:

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”