Baggage

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Vaillant
Airman Basic

Baggage

Post by Vaillant »

Hello,

I did something stupid, with the release of the P3Dv4 C182 I re-downloaded the file and reinstalled the correct P3Dv3 file. I messed up the airplane badly and removed and reinstalled it a few time before getting it right (without sound issues).

My only question is the baggage area is just one area not A / B / C is there something that I need to activate? I'm sure I have the latest version.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Baggage

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I don't quite follow, can you let us know what happened and what platform you are using?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Lewis,

In the real POH, the baggage is divided into three zones with slightly different weight limits. All together the sun of the zones can't exceed a certain weight. I believe zones A and B can hold up the the max weight while C (the shelf) is limited to 50 lbs.

As we don't have the ability to choose what it is we are putting into the baggage in the sim, I'm not sure what relevance it would have to be able to select zones. The entire baggage area is fairly small so we are taking about shifting something one to two feet.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes sorry I get that part its more the tech stuff I am not sure about in the question to understand the context as the P3Dv4 C182 has all the zones.

thanks,
Lewis

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Oh I didn't know that the P3D trunk had deviated in this way.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Vaillant wrote:Hello,

I did something stupid, with the release of the P3Dv4 C182 I re-downloaded the file and reinstalled the correct P3Dv3 file. I messed up the airplane badly and removed and reinstalled it a few time before getting it right (without sound issues).

My only question is the baggage area is just one area not A / B / C is there something that I need to activate? I'm sure I have the latest version.
I believe you are confusing the 172 with the 182.

The 172 has a single baggage hold. The 182 has three and on my copy in P3D v4 all three work perfectly.

Perhaps clean your glasses and check again? :wink:

Vaillant
Airman Basic

Post by Vaillant »

Sorry, for the late reply and the confused post, I'm way overworked lately and was really tired.

In a nutshell: I have p3d V.3 only. My C182 was working great but with the release of the v.4 version, I re-downloaded the c182 and reinstalled it (just because, I guess I was not thinking straight).
That reinstall messed up my airplane. I mostly fixed everything except for the baggage divided in three areas (A, B, C). Currently the weight and balance section (SHIFT 3) is just showing one big area labelled Baggage.

Is there a way to fix it?

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Vaillant wrote:Sorry, for the late reply and the confused post, I'm way overworked lately and was really tired.

In a nutshell: I have p3d V.3 only. My C182 was working great but with the release of the v.4 version, I re-downloaded the c182 and reinstalled it (just because, I guess I was not thinking straight).
That reinstall messed up my airplane. I mostly fixed everything except for the baggage divided in three areas (A, B, C). Currently the weight and balance section (SHIFT 3) is just showing one big area labelled Baggage.

Is there a way to fix it?
As I said, you may have installed the 172 by mistake. I have installed the 182 into FSX, P3Dv3, P3dv4 and a couple of other examples for and on behalf of their owners. What you describe doesn't seem possible unless you've got something very screwy going on with your sim. Will you check and report back?

One other thing: If you reinstalled into P3D v3 then you DO need to add the latest generic A2A update from this site. The v4 installer doesn't need it. The v3 installer does.
I can't see where you mentioned that, so try that first, and report back.
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=57819

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like you have installed but not run the latest updater to get you back up to date. First you must delete the old update folder for the 182 and then re-run the latest Accu-sim updater otherwise the updater will see the old update folder for the 182 and assume it is already updated.

thanks,
Lewis

Vaillant
Airman Basic

Post by Vaillant »

Thank you for the replies.

Thanks to your post I fixed it. I do not own (unfortunately) any other airplane from A2A but the 182 so a mix up with the 172 was impossible.

I had try to reinstall accu-sim (the latest version) but the installer was telling me, every time, that I was up to date and skipping the install. Per your advice Lewis, I couldn't find an update folder but I deleted the A2A folder in my documents. Reinstalled accu-sim, which this time installed and everything is working properly now.

Thank you for your support.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff, happy flying in the virtual skies

thanks,
Lewis

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Lewis,

An idea just came to me for a re-apply update option on the updater.

Instead of having everyone manually locate and delete the update folders after a re-install, would it be possible to add a button or form offering the user the option to re-apply the updates?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Oracle427 wrote:Lewis,

An idea just came to me for a re-apply update option on the updater.

Instead of having everyone manually locate and delete the update folders after a re-install, would it be possible to add a button or form offering the user the option to re-apply the updates?
That would reduce the support workload by a lot. Great idea!!
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”