Walkaround HSK=4 conflicts with EZDOK2

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
smoothflight
Airman

Walkaround HSK=4 conflicts with EZDOK2

Post by smoothflight »

Given that camera addons are very popular, I wish to discuss a potential compatibility issue with A2A aircraft.

The HotKeySelect=4 used by the c182 and c172 for walkaround, conflicts with EZDOK1 and EZDOK2 as these use HKS=4 for the external views.

If A2A used HotKeySelect=6 instead, that would help with EZDOK, but would then probably conflict with Chaseplane (which uses HKS=6 for it's external views),

Therefore, is there any way that the user can choose the HotKeySelect value for A2A aircraft walkarounds?

That would allow the user to resolve any conflict themselves and would allow A2A products to be more compatible with camera addons that use the HKS settings.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Walkaround HSK=4 conflicts with EZDOK2

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Chaseplane works great with our add-ons and works great with all the platforms after we and the community reached out to the chase plane developers and was addressed in 24hrs with an update put out in 48hrs. Our same reach out to ezdok years previously in 2013 during development met with no response.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

cavaricooper
Airman

Post by cavaricooper »

Lewis-

Marniftarr was unwell for a long time. He has recovered and is doing a stellar job of answering user issues. Also, he as a few bi-lingual helpers assisting him (Nick is particularly helpful). Do try reaching out again- the new v2.5 beta program is FANTASTICALLY configurable.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic58 ... tml#369306

Best- Carl

marniftarr
Airman Basic

Post by marniftarr »

Hi , developers of A2A.
Please explain why you chose HKS = 4 ?
Please explain here because i can not find your e-mail adresses to solving this problem in a closed format.
This will help solve such a small problem for a huge number of EZ+A2A users.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

marniftarr wrote:Please explain why you chose HKS = 4 ?
Hi,

The up and coming new Chaseplane (https://fsfxpackages.com/en/ChasePlane/) camera software works beautifully out of the box without any conflicts. Wouldn't it make sense if you followed their lead and used HKS 6 to avoid this conflict?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

marniftarr
Airman Basic

Post by marniftarr »

Scott - A2A wrote:
marniftarr wrote:Please explain why you chose HKS = 4 ?
Hi,

The up and coming new Chaseplane (https://fsfxpackages.com/en/ChasePlane/) camera software works beautifully out of the box without any conflicts. Wouldn't it make sense if you followed their lead and used HKS 6 to avoid this conflict?

Scott.
No problem for using HKS=6 ..

I want to ask you, did you investigate the intersection of HKS = 6 with other cameras or other add-ons ?
Probably there are addons that also use HKS = 6? I did this last time in 2010 and there were additions from which I used HKS = 4.
One way or another I will work with HKS = 6.
Thank you very much for your answer.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

marniftarr wrote:One way or another I will work with HKS = 6.
This is great news marniftarr. As a long-time EZdok user, I've tried to help A2A customers with EZdok compatibility where I can, but with version 2 the HotKeySelect conflict has become a bit of a showstopper for some.

Very good to hear that you're looking into a solution... :)

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”