P3DV4 Fuel reading

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
GavNormandale
Airman

P3DV4 Fuel reading

Post by GavNormandale »

Hi, have noticed that on the shift-4 screen my left wing is showing 92 litres/56% while right wing shows 24 litres/56% haven't noticed this in V3 so think it must be a V4 bug. Flight was fine and all other readings were fine, cockpit display shift-8 walkaround showing 24 litres

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3DV4 Fuel reading

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Gav,
GavNormandale wrote:Hi, have noticed that on the shift-4 screen my left wing is showing 92 litres/56% while right wing shows 24 litres/56%
That sounds a bit odd. 92 litres is about 24 gallons, so are you sure there's not some switching between the two units going on? Alternatively, do you use any third party add-ons which influence fuel loads? At any rate, I can't reproduce this with my installation of P3Dv4.
GavNormandale wrote:[...] cockpit display shift-8 walkaround showing 24 litres
For the shift 8 pre-flight view, I believe we get a dipstick showing gallons regardless of whether you have metric or imperial selected in the shift 4 screen.

Thanks,
Nick

GavNormandale
Airman

Post by GavNormandale »

Hi, could be FSEconomy FSUIPC version conflicting but i did instruct that to ignore loading as this always conflicts with A2A, now it shows the level of both wings about even but 20 litres should be about 4-5 times the value of gallons.

EDIT: just noticed it is correct bottom left of the screen

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

I see nothing wrong in those pictures? Percentages remain constant, litre:gallon ratio seems correct.

Sure you're not just having a brainfart? :mrgreen:

GavNormandale
Airman

Post by GavNormandale »

mallcott wrote:I see nothing wrong in those pictures? Percentages remain constant, litre:gallon ratio seems correct.

Sure you're not just having a brainfart? :mrgreen:
Look at the lower picture, bottom left is correct, upper right i have my mouse hovered over the button to alter fuel level (mouse pointer not captured), not reading the same

Gav

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Something's wrong here. I will check this.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

GavNormandale
Airman

Post by GavNormandale »

Seems to be ok now not sure how i can recreate it, not a gamebreaker, just posted to inform

Gav

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

GavNormandale wrote:Seems to be ok now not sure how i can recreate it, not a gamebreaker, just posted to inform

Gav
Only time I ever have problems with tool tips it's when settings are changed and the session is not restarted. Some of the difference between metric and imperial is calculated at startup. Hot swapping is not recommended.
The tool tip system hasn't been looked at for years.

GavNormandale
Airman

Post by GavNormandale »

mallcott wrote:
GavNormandale wrote:Seems to be ok now not sure how i can recreate it, not a gamebreaker, just posted to inform

Gav
Only time I ever have problems with tool tips it's when settings are changed and the session is not restarted. Some of the difference between metric and imperial is calculated at startup. Hot swapping is not recommended.
The tool tip system hasn't been looked at for years.
I think that could be it, hadn't set up V4 properly since i got it and was getting engines not started message on start up, went to settings and disabled some settings including tool tips. Realising the tool tips were wanted i turned back on, not 100% this was in the same session but now you mention it it seems more than likely as everything seems to be showing correct now.

Sorry to Devs for any time wasted.

thanks

Gav

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Not a problem. I double checked the tooltip code and everything seems to be OK with it. The value you got was the Gallons value rounded up to an integer which is good - this is the way the Liters are formated. It seems a convertion failed, which is done by the sim/tooltips system.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”