C182 - HELP!! Glitch - Almost everything turns invisible.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JordanJames
Airman

C182 - HELP!! Glitch - Almost everything turns invisible.

Post by JordanJames »

Hi!

I was very much looking forward to flying my 3rd Accu-sim Product today, the C182. After the flight initally loaded it all looked great, however I momentarily paused, and when the pause menu went away, i couldn't get the flight menu to come up by pressing Alt like normal. it was there but invisible and non-interactive. So i hit pause again, then unpaused it and to my horror everything was invisible apart from the terrain. I restarted FSX several times. All the other aircraft i loaded have no issues whatsoever. I've tried re-installing the C182, and using the latest update (4_13_17) but to no avail.

I've searched the forums but no one posted a solution that worked for me. Only one i found was run the latest update, which did not work.

Please help!!!

P.S i tried to upload screenshots but i get an error saying "the board attachment quota has been reached"

FSX Version: 10.0.61637.0 (FSX Acceleration)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C182 - HELP!! Glitch - Almost everything turns invisible

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

When you reinstalled the 182 did you delete the update folder from the installation?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JordanJames
Airman

Post by JordanJames »

Thank you for your prompt response!

I did but i did it after the installation but before running the updater.
ie; i reinstalled the c182 aircraft and accu-sim, and then I deleted the c182 update folder from previously, and then i ran the update.
I'm not sure if this would have still done the trick.

the other thing is, I've managed to get the aircraft to function properly. I narrowed it down to editing the aircraft config file's livery entry to run a new repaint. VH-DWU. as soon as I do this the glitch re-occurs. I removed this aircraft config and replaced it with the original one I copied and it went back to normal.

I'm glad I got the aircraft to function but I'd rather if I didn't have to think twice before repainting and editing the aircraft config and could do so without consequences.

Thank you kindly,

Jordan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Jordan,

the only reason for this would be an error in either the paint itself or the cfg changes. Check out the repainters forums here for some further details on the correct cfg changes etc.

thanks,
Lewis

JordanJames
Airman

Post by JordanJames »

Thanks for your reply,

I've managed to get it work by replacing the files from the repaint with the corresponding files from a default livery which I never intended on using and changing the "sim" and "variation type" to the new Rego, and so far it hasn't missed a beat. Im still unsure as to what caused it as i've installed repaints hundreds of times without dramas.

I've also managed to edit the elevator effectiveness, viewpoint and damper on the main wheels without issues.

All in all, im satisfied it's working the way it is! Clocked around 6 hours in it already and loving it.

Cheers, Jordan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff, just remember though editing the cfg files for your flight model completely invalidates our realistic flight test based flight model for a 182T.

thanks,
Lewis

JordanJames
Airman

Post by JordanJames »

Hey unfortunately i need to re-activate this thread as I attempted to change the panel texture back to a default texture and this issue has returned worse than ever. Im unable to find a way to make it work again. I even copied a backup of the sim objects A2A 182 folder which was working fine back into sim objects and that still hasn't fixed the problem. There's something more going wrong with this aircraft and I cant work it out. The whole aircraft is useless now as it makes the sim completely glitchy and the screen just flashes black and white.

How do we find out where the bug is?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You have mentioned editing and moving files and folders, Ill bet this is where the issue lies here. You must be editing and trying to change things that is simply not supported.

thanks,
Lewis

JordanJames
Airman

Post by JordanJames »

Hi,

I don't understand how as it's completely standard things, such as installing a repaint, any repaint, and the issue occurs. It's edits I've done hundreds of times and to other A2A aircraft without problems. And even when I now return things to default files that I've backed up it does not fix the issue. It's now randomly returned functionality, which is great but It seems to be a mystery of which I will never get to bottom of as it's extremely inconsistent.

Also apologies for previously editing the flight tuning it turns out I had not correctly set up the elevator simulated force, so this has been set and the flight tuning set to default. I apologise as I know how much effort goes into these aircraft.

Regards,

Jordan.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Jordan,

I would recommend reverting back to defaults and getting working before editing anything including repaints. Something you are editing is causing some issues here so best to get back to standard and go from there. A reinstall might be needed to achieve this as I'm not 100% sure what you have been changing from the product.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”