Trim non existant

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Brian0924
Airman

c182 Trim completely unresponsive

Post by Brian0924 »

My elevator trim on the 182 is not working at all. I have uninstalled and re-installed the plane several times looking for a fix. I will have the plane at full up/down trim, with no flight response what so ever. Does anyone know how to fix this issue. I really dont want to feel like i wasted $50 on this.

Brian0924
Airman

Trim non existant

Post by Brian0924 »

My elevator trim is non existent. Full or down with no response. Plane just wants to climb like a rocket. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no fix. Need help, or i would like my money back. Im having way too many issues with A2A planes lately

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Trim non existant

Post by Oracle427 »

So were they working fine at one point?

Have you downloaded and applied the latest updates?

Have you checked the maintenance hangar for any issues?

Are you starting your flights using one of the basic aircraft that came with the sim and then switching to the A2A aircraft? Saved flights that launch directly to the A2A aircraft can get into invalid states due to simulator limitations.

I saw you posted twice and said you reinstalled the aircraft. Do make sure to delete the contents of the update folder inside the A2A 182 folder before attempting to re-apply any updates. Missing this step will prevent updates from bring re-applied.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: c182 Trim completely unresponsive

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

was it all good on the pre-flight walk around?

thanks,
Lewis

edit: merged duplicate threads
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Brian0924
Airman

Post by Brian0924 »

All was good on the preflight. All is up to date. I deleted old updates and put the latest on. Still no luck. They were working fine a while ago, but nothing now. I am starting the flight with the 182 from the main menu of FSX.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Don't start the flight with the 182 from the main menu. That can lead to problems. Start the flight with a basic aircraft that comes with the simulator such as the trike. Once in sim, switch to the 182.

The more complex add-on aircraft don't always initialize correctly if loaded directly from the main menu as the sim engine is pushed closer to its limits.

I would check control mappings to make sure something did not change. Did you recently install anything else on the sim?

Also what sim version are you running?

Also when you say say trim full up/down and no response. Do you mean that the trim wheels all the way to up or down uncontrollably or do you find that it has no effect at all no matter where you put it?

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Brian0924 wrote:All was good on the preflight. All is up to date. I deleted old updates and put the latest on. Still no luck. They were working fine a while ago, but nothing now. I am starting the flight with the 182 from the main menu of FSX.
Sounds suspiciously that you've inherited the `a/p on` on that saved flight. Which causes precisely what you are seeing. Start a new flight.

Brian0924
Airman

Post by Brian0924 »

Oracle i have tried that with no luck. Control mappings are fine. I should rephrase my issuse. My trim wheel moves and all, but the aircraft doesnt value it. There are no aerodynamic effects to it. Full up or down doesnt matter. I am running FSX with all updates taken care of. I have installed other aircraft since then but didnt have issues until lately. It flies like it is at full up trim, but even at full down, no response

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You don't mean a hardware trim wheel, but the on sim trim wheel correct? The indicator moves up and down in the virtual cockpit?

I would try a complete overhaul and if that doesn't help then I would try going to your my documents folder and moving the .dat files out of the aircraft directory to force the A2A sim engine to generate new ones.

This indicates the trim tab is broken on your aircraft, but these troubleshooting steps should correct that along with other issues if your sim is somehow corrupt.

There should be a yellow or red wrench icon offer the term tab. Not sure if the mechanic's notes would say anything. In the preflight walk around you should see something wrong with the trim tab.
Last edited by Oracle427 on 25 May 2017, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

Brian0924
Airman

Post by Brian0924 »

Oracle, correct the trim wheel in the vc of the plane. Full movement but no response. I have done a complete overhaul. I am not familiar with going into configuration files with planes but I will look

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\A2A\FSX\<airplane folder>\*.dat files

Brian0924
Airman

Post by Brian0924 »

Just checked all of my A2A planes I own. All of them in some way or another have an issue

Taka taka
Senior Airman

Post by Taka taka »

Just wondering where the throttle is, RPM? Mix?

If the throttle if off (an extreme, I know) no amount of trim will bring the nose up.
So I wonder what the settings are.
"Spring Chicken to Shite Hawk in one easy lesson...taka taka taka taka..."

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

That is too vague to offer any clues. What issues are they having? Part of the simulation is to simulate wear and damage. I believe you can also try turning damage off in the shift-3 menu, but I am not sure if that causes the sim to ignore pre-existing damage.

In the past, we have seen reports of users with FSUIPC causing issues. Sometimes there are mapping conflicts that suddenly appear and causes controls to behave in unexpected ways.

It's also not clear if you tried what was suggested.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

mallcott wrote:
Brian0924 wrote:All was good on the preflight. All is up to date. I deleted old updates and put the latest on. Still no luck. They were working fine a while ago, but nothing now. I am starting the flight with the 182 from the main menu of FSX.
Sounds suspiciously that you've inherited the `a/p on` on that saved flight. Which causes precisely what you are seeing. Start a new flight.
What Mallcott suggests is also worth looking at if you are using a custom default flight.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”