Trim non existant

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Brian0924
Airman

Re: Trim non existant

Post by Brian0924 »

I have started a new flight. I havent saved any flights or started from saved ones in a long time. I turned off damage and nothing happened. I do have FSUIPC, i did not know that can cause issues.

Brian0924
Airman

Post by Brian0924 »

Any other help would be great since i am still unable to fly this plane.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Have you checked the maintenance hangar for issues? I'm not sure if turning off damage negates existing damage.

There was also a thread where someone found that pressing the Z key stopped the behaviour. The default FSX autopilot was conflicting with the A2A simulation.

Also check circuit breakers in case one has tripped.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Brian0924
Airman

Post by Brian0924 »

I have already done all of that. None have worked. I feel as if it has something to do with a glitch in the product itself and nothing wear and tear related. Someone said fsuipc can mess with it. I don't know where else to go from here

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Do you have any control of the aircraft at all or is the issue limited to pitch and pitch trim?

There has been an issue with "spoilers" being deployed that causes strange helicopter like behavior. There have also been reports of the TOGA function in the sim triggering runaway trim conditions. Check the mapped keys/buttons to see if this is being triggered somehow and then cycle them to see if it helps.

You can also try temporarily disabling FSUIPC by moving the fsuipc.dll file out of the directory to see if removing that variable helps.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Oracle427 wrote:You can also try temporarily disabling FSUIPC by moving the fsuipc.dll file out of the directory to see if removing that variable helps.
Yes, this would be my suggestion too Brian. FSUIPC can certainly be related to some hard-to-trace control conflict-related issues. As Oracle says, simply moving the FSUIPC4.DLL into a different folder will enable you to start the sim without it active and potentially eliminate it as part of the issue. However, If you find you can control elevator trim (e.g. via the mouse click spot in the cockpit) once FSUIPC has been disabled, then we're getting somewhere! :)

Thanks,
Nick

Brian0924
Airman

Post by Brian0924 »

Oracle, I have full aircraft control minus the ability for trim to work. It moves and all, just does not offer any aerodynamic effects. I will try moving the fsuipc file and give you an update. Is there anywhere specific I have to move the folder. Also, because I haven't gotten the chance to find it yet, where do I find that particular file? Thanks for the help

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Brian - the FSUIPC4.DLL can be found in the "modules" directory within you host sim root folder. It doesn't really matter where you move it; perhaps just create a new folder within that "modules" directory and drag it into there.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”