Pre-flight inspection, spots don't match views

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Redglyph
Senior Airman

Pre-flight inspection, spots don't match views

Post by Redglyph »

Hello!

I'm using DCS 3.4 (latest version), and A2A's Skylane with the latest update (A2A_Update_04_13_17).

When I'm doing the pre-flight inspection, and click on the spots to inspect parts of the aircraft, the view I get is the wrong one. Also, some of the actions like "press & hold" for the ailerons, do nothing at all. Some of the views are even from the inside, so it's a completely broken view.

I'm using Ezdok, I tried by disabling it but it doesn't change anything.

Anyone else has this?

Apart from that, the plane is behaving normally, and the other Accu-sim panels work as expected too.

Here are the screenshots:
https://ibb.co/hXUr85
https://ibb.co/eJ2B85
https://ibb.co/cm6SgQ
https://ibb.co/gm5bak
https://ibb.co/iVRhFk
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Pre-flight inspection, spots don't match views

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the issue is that Ezdok is editing your camera views so any other addon that uses cameras will always be broken or changed by ezdok.

From the troubleshooting FAQ the workarounds;
EZDOK USERS pre v1.18,
From community member 'Treetops';

In the aircraft.cfg file, cut the eazidok camera entry at the bottom and paste in just above the camera.0 entry. Renumber all the camera numbers to be consecutive. 0,1,2 etc. Backup the file first.

Remember to repeat after each new update where the cfg is replaced with a new one.

This works perfectly. Start in the vc as intended, then start clicking the right arrow in the walkaround menu shift 8

EZDOK USERS post v1.18
From community member 'Nick M';
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 15#p407007
Alternatively Chaseplane the new camera add-on works out of the box with our aircraft and is supported by its developer for active changes.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

the issue is that Ezdok is editing your camera views so any other addon that uses cameras will always be broken or changed by ezdok.

From the troubleshooting FAQ the workarounds;
EZDOK USERS pre v1.18,
From community member 'Treetops';

In the aircraft.cfg file, cut the eazidok camera entry at the bottom and paste in just above the camera.0 entry. Renumber all the camera numbers to be consecutive. 0,1,2 etc. Backup the file first.

Remember to repeat after each new update where the cfg is replaced with a new one.

This works perfectly. Start in the vc as intended, then start clicking the right arrow in the walkaround menu shift 8

EZDOK USERS post v1.18
From community member 'Nick M';
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 15#p407007
Alternatively Chaseplane the new camera add-on works out of the box with our aircraft and is supported by its developer for active changes.

thanks,
Lewis
The little arrows work :D

Bad, bad Ezdok! I'm still a little undecided about the "always online" thing with Chaseplane, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one, it's looking great.

Thanks Lewis! :)
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Heh. I've finally tried and installed Chaseplane.

It doesn't work with TrackIR, and messed up the installation completely, I'll probably have to see how to revert and recover Ezdok.

So if anyone is tempted... make sure to have backup firsts (not easy with Ezdok, I know...). If only there was something like X-Camera in P3D, this simply works, and works well.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Did you try hitting up chaseplane support? Unlike ezdok you can get direct support and help with your chaseplane issues.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Yeah, they suggested a few things, tried a fix, but no luck so far. They're quite responsive and willing to help, really :)

Perhaps I shouldn't have posted that, so just to make sure it's not misinterpreted, my issue is with Ezdok and how weird the whole process of installing/uninstalling and maintaining it can be.

Chaseplane is really promising ... yet it's still alpha and it's bound to have problems at this stage. So a bit of reverting until some rough edges have been smoothed out.

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Little update, in case anyone is interested in Chaseplane or Ezdok, I don't want to leave the wrong impression here.

CP now works quite well with TrackIR with the latest update, and I confirm the problem in the first post does not exist with this camera software, the pre-flight inspection works perfectly with the arrows and on clicking on the individual spots :D

Passing from Ezdok to CP requires some revisiting of the zoom issues, but CP works fine with either wide angle or normal angle of views, it has its own zoom system which should soon become more user-friendly than the P3D system. It's still alpha, but very much operational and already easier to use than Ezdok.

Defining new views is more precise and quicker in Chaseplane than Ezdok (and a bit easier than XCamera in XPlane too, for that matter). The only quirk I hope they address is the mandatory connection to check the licence, they said they would do something about it in the final release.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”