Autopilot Heading Mode Issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Capt. ReiViation
Airman

Autopilot Heading Mode Issue

Post by Capt. ReiViation »

Hello everyone! :D Just wanting to see if anyone else has experiened this problem or has dealt with it before and has found a solution for it. Today, I came to fly my Skylane from RJAA - RJBB, as this is one of the usual routes I fly. A few minutes after take-off while on the enroute climb to my cruise altitude I engaged the autopilot with my altitude armed and the selected vs for the cruise alt. However when I selected heading mode and set the heading bug to capture the IFR route I have planned for, the aircraft would not follow the heading bug, but instead kept banking left and right struggling to fly the heading slected by the heading bug. From there I turned back to RJAA and was able to land back safely. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Autopilot Heading Mode Issue

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Low frame rates in the sim can cause issues with the A2A autopilot simulation. If you're experiencing FPS in the low teens for instance, this is likely to be the culprit. A complex weather scenario is just one factor that could cause FPS to dip, and wind and turbulence will make the autopilot's job harder too.

If low FPS aren't the cause, it may just be worth checking if the turn coordinator is working properly. If the "turn coord" circuit breaker has tripped, this would certainly explain the problem! :)

Cheers,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

first up thanks for Nick for the bump of the post and sorry to you Capt. ReiViation for missing it when your first posted.

I would concur with Nick, FPS would be a good thing to look at for a start of troubleshooting. Obviously the normal stuff too, just to check you have run the latest Accu-sim updater too;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Capt. ReiViation
Airman

Post by Capt. ReiViation »

Apologies for the late reply, have been busy with the these last few weeks of high school. I'll go a head make some changes to increase my fps and then see what the result is then. If that doesn't work I'll run the latest updater as well. Thanks Nick and Lewis. I will post an update after I've tried these changes. :)

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”