Fsx stopped responding

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Lvach
Airman Basic

Fsx stopped responding

Post by Lvach »

Hi,

I would like to report a problem that I have with the c182
I start a flight with default trike and then choose the a2a c182.
I perform checklists and take off. After a while (sometimes 10mins or even
after an hour of flight) fsx stops responding.
No memory issues or vas. Just like that.
Everything is updated. I use Gtn 750 working perfectly, ezdoc cam same
and asn as well as some scenery addons.
This problem persists only with a2a planes. I own c172 too and the reason
I bought the 182 was the same. Now both planes are unflyable.
I use Gtn with real air and other addons and have no problems at all.
The weird thing is that both planes(172&182) I used to make like 5-6
flight with no problems but then same problem started.
I feel like I threw my money out of the window especially when buying the second one.
I am member of a va and I fly all other planes flawlessly like pmdg, fslabs and majestic.

Also use orbx global and vectors

Although searched and read online, I can't find a viable solution.
I uninstalled and reinstalled everything by the book, updated everything but still...
As I told u before (and sorry for my big post), everything is working fine
except these two a2a planes

Please help,

Both planes are awesome and I would like to continue using them for my vfr flights

Looking forward for your answers

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Fsx stopped responding

Post by Oracle427 »

Do you have crash logs in the Windows event viewer? These may help narrow down the source of the problem.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

during the reinstall did you delete the update folders so you can re-run and correctly install the update?

Have you tried a flight as stock as possible to know its the A2A aircraft, including not using the flight1 GPS in case of vas type issue on your setup causing a CTD?

And as Oracle suggests, if you crash again you can look into your system error logging to check the exact file that crashing that might help troubleshoot further.

Also are you running the simulation as admin via right clicking and selecting run as admin?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Lvach
Airman Basic

Post by Lvach »

hi and thank u for answering,

Oracle, i have uploaded some photos from my win event viewer from 04/19 and one i found from 04/18

Lewis,
1) i did re run and installed the update but i dont remember if i deleted any files. Can u plz tell me the latest updates for both planes?
2) i havent tried a 'plain' flight cause as i told before, i still use everything on pmdg and fslabs with same settings and never have any problems. As far as for gtn750 same goes with real air turbine duke v2. Never had any problems.
3) check attachments
4) yes sir. always as admin

btw all the time my fps with both planes are steady 35-45 in vc

sorry for my delayed answer but i was away,

looking forward for your advice,
friendly
LVach

Lvach
Airman Basic

Post by Lvach »

when trying to upload photo i get a msg : sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached

Lvach
Airman Basic

Post by Lvach »

so let me just try to tell u my log

1) Error : Faulting app name : fsx.exe
2) error : faulting app name : ezca.exe
3) info (windows error reporting) event name:APPCRASH, response :not available, problem signature :fsx.exe
4) info (windows error reporting) event name:CLR20r3, response not available, problem signature : vpilot.exe

i dont really know if that helps

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the clue is in the files you have there, it looks like your ezdok is crashing and then vpilot crashed also.

Have you correctly installed ezdok and then re-ran the relevant ezdok software after each aircraft install as I believe you have to do when using ezdok.

For the update you must delete the update folder for the c182 found here;
FSX\A2A\Cessna182

And then re-run the updater to get all updater and back installed correctly as it does appear the issue is not with the C182.

thanks,
Lewis

Lvach
Airman Basic

Post by Lvach »

Hi again Lewis,
And thank u for your fast response!!

1) yes as it seems vpilot crashed, but that happened cause fsx was not responding. As it seems ezdoc also crashed but here is my question. Why is this happening with only the c182 and 172 while working with all the other planes?

2) I am pretty sure I did, but I will again just to make sure

3) I am sorry but I don't understand which file I have to delete

4) so I have to reinstall the latest update for both planes? Can u plz give me the links for both planes?

Just wondering though, even if I made something wrong, how is it possible when I firstly installed both planes to be able to perform 6-10 flights with each one having no problems and then always I get a crash? And I am honestly telling u that I haven't changed anything on my set up

Thank you again,

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Are you running in windowed or full screen mode?

At any point during the flight are you alt tabbing out to go to other Windows and then switching back to FSX? This is known to cause crashes if done too often.

Do you fly multiple aircraft or reset flights without completely shutting down FSX and restarting between each aircraft? This is also known to trigger crashes.

The best advice is to try prices of elimination. Try using the sim with no add-ons and then work your way back up to the point where crashes start happening. Without doing this there is going to be a lot of guesswork.

Lvach
Airman Basic

Post by Lvach »

Hi Oracle,

I see u found my last post.
Thank you for writing back, so let me answer u one by one

1) only windowed mode
2) not alt tab as I am in windowed mode. The only thing is that I can go on charts through task bar icon
3) only do one flight and that's it. I am not even changing planes.
4) I will do one by one and will see. But again I don't get it. I use all the same addons on more complex aircrafts with no problems at all.this is really weird and can't explain it. Cause let's say for example I had a problem with ASN, then the problem would occur all the time with all aircrafts. Correct?

Thank u Oracle,
Waiting your advice...

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Unfortunately all I can do is speculate. There is nothing obvious based on the information provided.

I only fly in full screen mode and I avoid switching Windows as it has caused crashes in the past for me.

I run a very lean sim with only ASN. I have no other add ons installed aside from aircraft.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

our simulations are extremely complex, using out of sim simulation engine for running everything fro a modelled internal combustion engine to gauges and systems. The next step for sure would be to get back to defaults, since you have mentioned vpilot is crashing and this as seen to be the cause have you looked into this any further, also for the ezdok crash have you updated your ezdok or done the changes for the aircraft as noted in the ezdok manual when adding new aircraft and also there are some changes that are needed with our aircraft due to the way ezdok edits our files to break them.

EZDOK USERS pre v1.18,
From community member 'Treetops';

In the aircraft.cfg file, cut the eazidok camera entry at the bottom and paste in just above the camera.0 entry. Renumber all the camera numbers to be consecutive. 0,1,2 etc. Backup the file first.

Remember to repeat after each new update where the cfg is replaced with a new one.

This works perfectly. Start in the vc as intended, then start clicking the right arrow in the walkaround menu shift 8

EZDOK USERS post v1.18
From community member 'Nick M';
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 15#p407007
The Chase-plane camera add-on users need make no changes as the developer of chase-plane responded to our and customer queries emails etc and helped make sure our products worked together out of the box so to speak.

thanks
Lewis

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”