Skylane constantly banks to the left

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Beats
Airman Basic

Skylane constantly banks to the left

Post by Beats »

Hi,

I was wondering if it is normal behaviour for the Skylane to veer to the left all the time? I have checked it's not my joystick as I can use it on the default planes and they dont bank to the left. I have also moved the realism sliders down to the left. Also it's not the wind.

I find it very difficult to fly as I constantly have to counter the effect by turning right most of the time.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Skylane constantly banks to the left

Post by Scott - A2A »

Beats,

Try settling the airplane into a slow and level cruise then play with the throttle. You should notice this power affects this roll.

The Skylane like most airplanes never really fly perfectly straight. IOW, if you take your hand off the yoke at any point, it will roll one way or the other. You have to constantly correct it with aileron. Before autopilot, I used to use rudders on long flights to I could fly straight hands off, but this was a bit tricky at times.

This turning tendency is why so many use autopilots.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Beats
Airman Basic

Post by Beats »

Thanks very much for the response. I suppose it's just realistic. I figured I can counterbalance the banking by adding a passenger and messing around with the fuel levels until it is flying straight!
Cheers

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Or use the autopilot? The airplane state is constantly changing and the banking tendency never totally goes away. On short sim and RW flights I like to hand fly the plane, but a couple of hours of scanning instruments and making corrections takes it toll.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Flying long distances without an autopilot is considerably more tiring than with an autopilot. Even though you are subconsciously keeping the plane flying straight, it works your brain.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”