Hi, new installed and update to latest v. but has 2 issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
eagle67
Airman

Hi, new installed and update to latest v. but has 2 issue

Post by eagle67 »

Hi,

Just installed the C182 and updated it to latest v. But have 2 issue.

1. C182 is unable to taxi/move forward even with full trottle and park-brake off..?

2. After start of engine I cant turn on the any of the Radio stack, are there some hidden buttum somewhere ?

My Setup:
- win10/64b
- P3D v3.4
- Uac disabled
- P3D and C182 installed on second disk(not c)
- All installed/update ran as administrator.
- antivirus disabled.

Please advise,

Brgds
Søren
Have a nice day and Please Advise,

Brgds
Eagle

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Hi, new installed and update to latest v. but has 2 issu

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Søren,

Thanks for the info, but one thing you don't mention is if you have the SimConnect client installed - it comes with P3D but isn't installed by default. Please see the advice below from the FAQ thread.
Lewis - A2A wrote:P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib
Just double-click the SimConnect.msi installer in this location to install the client which should allow the Accu-Sim modules to interface with P3D.

Thanks,
Nick

eagle67
Airman

Post by eagle67 »

Hi Nick,

Big Thanks for the feedback,

Sorry, forgot to tell but I actual did a new installed Win10/P3D for 4 weeks ago and did all
Simconnect installations all 4 folder including the "SP2" folder (p3d\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib).
(I actual ran each installer twice just to be 100% sure)

Anyhow I reran the "SimConnect.msi" in the SP2 folder again yesterday(third time) and both issues was
solved, but after an win10 reboot and when I started P3D again both issues was back!!
(I reran the ""SimConnect.msi"" issue fixed but assume issue will be back after next reboot.
Have you heard or seen this kind of issue before ? any advise very appricated please :-)

Discovered also one more minor sound issue:
Let me explain:
- In VC/cookpit the c182 use the default windows sound-device, not these I have spesified in P3D under
"settings/sound/"windows sound devices".
- In External view the sound is routed to my sound-devices defined in P3D. "settings/sound/"windows sound devices"
Seems sound are routed differently in vc/external view, possible to tell how that can be ?

If anyone know how to route "all" sounds to same windows sound-device or these I have specified in P3D, please let me know
(I hope that are possible)

Brgds
Søren

Brgds
Eagle

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay - thanks for the added info Søren.

Seems the issue could be related to the way your P3D scenario and SimConnect is being initialised. Do you see any "SimConnect error detected" or similar message bars at the top of the screen when loading the 182?

I've found with P3D v.3 that it sometimes helps to avoid SimConnect errors if I load a default simple aircraft (say the Maule) before switching to the complex A2A product. Which aircraft do you currently use for your default scenario?

Cheers,
Nick

eagle67
Airman

Post by eagle67 »

Hi Nick,

I do not see any sim-connect error during load or startup...hnm strange (not that I has noticed) and
I use the default/native P3D called "Beech Baron 58" as my default plane.

You mean for example the "Maule M7 260c" default/native P3D plane?

Brgds
Søren

Brgds
Eagle

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

The Baron 58 is fine as the default start-up aircraft Søren. I suggest you actually load the scenario with this aircraft then switch to the A2A Skylane for troubleshooting though.

From your earlier description it still sounds to me like an initialisation error. When it next happens, please can you go to the maintenance hangar (shift 7) and check the status of the various aircraft components. If everything is shown using red text, it definitely indicates a SimConnect issue.

However, it's probably also worth checking things like circuit breakers too when it comes to the inoperable radios.

Cheers,
Nick

eagle67
Airman

Post by eagle67 »

Hi Nick,

I had the Baron as default but it fails anyhow, but what is strange is that I change it to the "Maule M7 260c" and
it seem solve the issue :-). (hope its permanent).

Thanks again for you advice to solve these major issues above :)

Any clue regarding this:
Discovered also one more minor sound issue, Let me explain:
- In VC/cookpit the c182 use the default windows sound-device, not these I have spesified in P3D under
"settings/sound/"windows sound devices".
- In External view the sound is routed to my sound-devices defined in P3D. "settings/sound/"windows sound devices"
Seems sound are routed differently in vc/external view, possible to tell how that can be ?

If anyone know how to route "all" sounds to same windows sound-device or these I have specified in P3D, please let me know
(I hope that are possible)

Brgds Søren

Brgds
Eagle

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the Accu-sim sound engine will play through the windows default sound device on your system.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

eagle67
Airman

Post by eagle67 »

Hi Lewis,

Okay but then there must be some strange behavior in my sim, because as stated below:

- In VC/cookpit the c182 use the default windows sound-device. ( I agree and correct Lewis ).
which are NOT my default Windows 10 Sound-devices.

So questions is really how is sound routed in C182, because its obvious in my P3D that if I change the
settings in P3D > here "settings/sound/"windows sound devices" the VC sound is routed here.

My "goal" is to route all sounds from C182 to settings defined in P3D.
( # which actual works for VC BUT NOT for External view)

Please explain or advice :-)

Brgds
Søren

Brgds
Eagle

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Accusim sounds always play through the default windows sound device, there is no way to alter that.

Non Accusim sounds will play through the configured devices in FSX or P3D.

So you will need to work with the above behavior to configure accordingly.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

eagle67
Airman

Post by eagle67 »

Hi,

Okay, was strange since my sounds from P3D is routed to an dedicated sound device and
works with all addons and default plane, the VC for C182 also goes there and works just fine.

Hnm maybe something has happened with my new win/p3d installations.

/S

Brgds
Eagle

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

No, that is as expected, but Accusim sounds always go to the default windows sound device.

The Accusim sounds are specific to the A2A aircraft and do not apply to every single sound they make. These are sounds that replace or add to the default set of sounds in the sim engine.

I can't speak on behalf of A2A here, but I suspect that the Accusim engine has no way to peek into the sim engine to see what the end user has configured for their preferred sound devices. As a result we are left with using the "Default sound device" for the Accusim specific sounds.

Hopefully this makes clearer what I am trying to say.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”