C82 SKY LANE

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

C82 SKY LANE

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hello,

Probably finger trouble on my part?, but should I be able to personalise the A/C registration to one of my choosing, only in the menu change A/C then Details I changed reg to my choice but the graphic on the A/C remains as default VH-DLL?, It's not a huge issue but most of the fleet A/C on the FSX SE SETTINGS PAGES have updated including the reg graphic and reg plate in cockpit with no problem.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks
Charlie UK
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

C82 SKY LANE

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Charlie,

I'm not sure I exact follow - but the default package includes (4) liveries - you should be able to select between the four at will via your FSX/P3D menu system - after that you have to download and install third party liveries for different paint jobs with different registrations... Usually - the author includes the config file changes to add to your aircraft.cfg to make the new livery available via the FSX/P3D menu system...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: C82 SKY LANE

Post by speedy70 »

You cannot personalise A2A aircraft in the aircraft menu.You can only do it by a paint program.

Cheers Chris

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

To clarify,I do not want to change any livery just assign a new registration to the aircraft
You can do this to all default aircraft in FSX SE,in other words the ref on the fuselage and the rev plate in the flight deck change to the selected registration I have numerous aircraft in the inventory
With my own chosen registrations.

Charlie
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You can not do this with the A2A models. You will need to obtain a repainted livery with the registration of your choice.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

C82 SKY LANE

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Charlie,

Right - you can with default aircraft but it was a pretty cheesy implementation - it looked poor and didn't come close to what actual registration numbers look like... I can't think of any payware aircraft that use that feature - as with payware you expect more... There are plenty of good looking paint jobs around for various countries - just take a gander around here or the AvSim library - if you find one you like I'm sure we can help you install it...

If you like classic paints for the U.K. - Ron Attwood's G-BDIG is most excellent.

For Australia - I like Gunnar's fine work on VHDWU.

Again - I lean towards more classic paint jobs as opposed to the curvy splashy modern ones...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Um.......having been an airline executive and shareholder in the U.K. And Europe
It was of un-usual to apply thin this case to the UK registrations (CAA) to obtain specific registrations
Not cheesy just a perk and being a UK airline why not? Still you no best Ey??
Charlie
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

C82 SKY LANE

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Charlie,

Sorry - you've lost me...

The only thing I meant was cheesy was the way Microsoft chose to display registrations on the sides of default aircraft - the registration never really looked like it was part of the paint job and would flicker oddly as you changed camera angles... I never liked them...

Simply trying to help you...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

No offence taken, thanks for your help

Cheers
Charlie
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”